Do I have a G.S.R.(Gs Shady Replica)? HELP!

GSratedR

Rated R
Alright so i traded cars. 99 Civic for 00 Gsr, or so i thunk it......:???:
i traded based on judgement of character and a few test drives. the guy was nice and answered all of my questions to the best of his knowledge so im not knocking him at all i want to get that out first. im not a honda genius but i have had a bunch of hondas and two other GSR's in my car resume and i felt that the car was a healthy daily that just needed some love in a few areas. i was down for it and signed titles and everything. heres what it is guys he told me:
-the title was a theft recovery not damaged. i looked it over under the hood and in the doors as well as behind the plastics in the trunk and found no visible frame damage, so it looked good.
-it was a real GSR
-there was no CEL. (it lit up then went away upon start like normal so it was never removed.)
-the car was his brothers daily and that they just wanted something else.
-it has Pistons and Cams but cant recall exactly whats on it.
Here is the straight dope:
-Title says damage salvage rebuilt w/ nothing about theft.
-The Cluster is a GS redlining way too early @ like 7k.
-For being a 00' it should have the acura sign on the wheel but it says acura so the srs is from a 94-97.
-the trunk cannot be opened with the ignition key.
-rear tires have some mad camber wear.
- oh yeah insurance cards came in and it says GS???????? umm where is the R?:x
-CEL is now on.
-there is now a slight sputter at idle fluctuating between 0.5k to 1k every every 15sec +or- a sec or two. sometimes it behaves and sometime it doesn't.
-Vtec pops loud but lacks power IMO.

This is making me scratch my head. when i thought it was a theft recovery i could see why someone would have to replace parts like the cluster. and when stripping shit out of a car someone could pop the srs if they leave that battery connected so that made sense in my head. but now im thinking it was just a GS with leather and a swap that got smashed from behind (IE: tires camber wear and hatch that wont open with Ignition key, fresh paint, popped SRS:evil:)

im beside myself and dont know weather to keep it or just get rid of it. My semester is coming up soon and i do not want to have all this work ahead of me with my school workload. what do you all figure i should do about the stutter and such. i still have to see which ecu is in there. ( ill look later) And i also have to find out what kind of pistons and cams its running if it even has aftermarket parts, but i dont have time or garage space to pull a motor and disect the internals right now...:( what should i do about this sputtering motor in the meantime. its not burning oil and the sputter is not too bad, but i just dont want things going boom.

ANY help or advice would be amazing gentlemen. thnx

Cripton805

Look at the title. If it says DC4 anywhere on the vin, then it is not a GSR.
Many parts must have been replaced on that car already.

You can also look at the vin on the firewall. The vin on the dash could have been changed.

GSratedR

Rated R
Look at the title. If it says DC4 anywhere on the vin, then it is not a GSR.
Many parts must have been replaced on that car already.

You can also look at the vin on the firewall. The vin on the dash could have been changed.
Yessir DC4. :( its still a nice car but theres alot going on with it...ughhhhh the vin matches the dash though.

Cripton805

Yup. I almost got ripped once.

Guy claimed it was a GSR. Had the engine & tranny.
A lot was converted to 96 spec ITR, front, interior, etc....

When I was signing the pink I saw that it was a DC4 LS VIN.
I kept the money in my pocket and drove back home 6 hours.

She was pissed that I had signed the pink already. I don't care, they tried to rippp me.
I had a case for fraud. They misled me to beleive it was a GSR.

The guy was like wtf??? I thought it was a GSR! lol
He told me it was original cluster and engine/tranny. (HELL NO)

Teggy64

Got vtec?
That sucks man . This is why u should do your research first. And imo never buy a salvaged title car that u plan to be a dd. just my 2 cents.

Visionnaire

Vin is first thing to check. I was completely new to vins and all that when I got my first car. I got lucky and picked out an all vins matching on body gsr with a legit gsr swap. Still runs fine with no problems after two years.

How long has it been since the trade??

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Yup. I almost got ripped once.

Guy claimed it was a GSR. Had the engine & tranny.
A lot was converted to 96 spec ITR, front, interior, etc....

When I was signing the pink I saw that it was a DC4 LS VIN.
I kept the money in my pocket and drove back home 6 hours.

She was pissed that I had signed the pink already. I don't care, they tried to rippp me.
I had a case for fraud. They misled me to beleive it was a GSR.

The guy was like wtf??? I thought it was a GSR! lol
He told me it was original cluster and engine/tranny. (HELL NO)
I'm assuming they wanted a lot of money for it, which is why you left, correct? btw I'll reply to your pm soonish tonight :)

96GSRteg

Tyler
- oh yeah insurance cards came in and it says GS???????? umm where is the R?:x
funny you mention that because mine says GS too. i know your case is busted, but i just think its funny. i wonder if that has an affect on my insurance rate...

GSratedR

Rated R
funny you mention that because mine says GS too. i know your case is busted, but i just think its funny. i wonder if that has an affect on my insurance rate...
im sure it does. different trims=different $ it kinda works for me in a way cause when i called my insurance co to get a quote the GSR was like almost 300 a mo to fully cover and i got my first bill and it was less than 2 on the GSminusR lol:lol:.