Do I have a G.S.R.(Gs Shady Replica)? HELP!

goofygamer

That's a lot. When I had the 2006 civic si, the monthly insurance was a little over 300 a month for full coverage. Lol

GSratedR

Rated R
yeah insurance is just covering their bases i guess because integras are one of those most stolen cars in the us or whatever.
so anyway back to my sputter problem i found the guys Original post and its all about how he built the motor and never got it tuned. he said the problem was fixed but idk if he ever got it tuned or anything. he said he was getting missfire codes for all cylinders and that it lacked power. plus something about clicking injectors or whatever.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=68406
just look it over plz and any thoughts or advice would help.
OP (dc2_2NR) is the one who i got the car from.
My CEl is on and its still sputtering a bit at idle like from 0.5k to 1k every 10-15 sec or so. there is no doubt that im miss fireing but in the thread he says he changed plugs, wires, dizzy, all that good stuff. what does this sound like to you all?
im going use the obd2 code reader tomorrow and see what im throwing exactly... frustrated. need sleep. ugh.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
thats like .. $3600 a year. I believe the insurance company's argument was that you could just keep buying a spare integra every now and then lol.
If I bought another RX8 with full coverage, I think it was $4000 a year.. Before the accident it was $1400 a year. Clean record ftw. Accident ftl :(

mjones73

yeah insurance is just covering their bases i guess because integras are one of those most stolen cars in the us or whatever.
so anyway back to my sputter problem i found the guys Original post and its all about how he built the motor and never got it tuned. he said the problem was fixed but idk if he ever got it tuned or anything. he said he was getting missfire codes for all cylinders and that it lacked power. plus something about clicking injectors or whatever.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=68406
just look it over plz and any thoughts or advice would help.
OP (dc2_2NR) is the one who i got the car from.
My CEl is on and its still sputtering a bit at idle like from 0.5k to 1k every 10-15 sec or so. there is no doubt that im miss fireing but in the thread he says he changed plugs, wires, dizzy, all that good stuff. what does this sound like to you all?
im going use the obd2 code reader tomorrow and see what im throwing exactly... frustrated. need sleep. ugh.
Lack of tune, ignition issue, etc. What motor does the car even have in it? Check the block stamp, it's down and to the left of the exhaust manifold when looking at the motor from the front.

GSratedR

Rated R
Lack of tune, ignition issue, etc. What motor does the car even have in it? Check the block stamp, it's down and to the left of the exhaust manifold when looking at the motor from the front.
B18C1
i went and ran the ODD2 on it today and im running lean with misfires on all cylinders. i am going to joetech to get a tune cause i think the exhaust valves are staying open to long. also i seem to be getting less MPG along with the lack of low end power. can i adjust my cams myself or is it hard to do this. ive been able to do my timing before no problem but with the different cams and pistons idk how difficult that would be.

Squigget

funny you mention that because mine says GS too. i know your case is busted, but i just think its funny. i wonder if that has an affect on my insurance rate...
my registration says GS but my insurance says GS-R...
But my vins say DC2 so i know i got a gsr... i hope

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Well first off, fuck that dc2_2nr guy, he will always get flamed by me from now on, what a shady bastard. Second, the tune should help a lot in the top and bottom end of your powerband.

GSratedR

Rated R
If ur 6th digit in the vin number is a 2 and u got leather interior and bigger brake discs it's a real legit gsr
No, its a GS that is for sure.

Well first off, f*** that dc2_2nr guy, he will always get flamed by me from now on, what a shady bastard. Second, the tune should help a lot in the top and bottom end of your powerband.
Yeah the whole thing went down kinda fast. but overall it was pretty thrown together. i got it up in the garage today to fix the cat heat sheild and the downpipe looks like someone took a hammer to it. those cut springs are BS. i cant wait to get my coilovers in and get its stance back. the misfire is not posing a large problem right now cause it runs alright but lacks power still. i am getting paid on the 7th and then after that its game on garage time brah.

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
I wouldnt worry about the insurence card issue. I have a 92 gsr, and yest it is in fact a db2, and my insurence says gs. I just look at it as lower rates.

SOMD_GSR_STi

Flatout Performance
My insurance says my 97 GSR is a GSR. Pay 100 a mo full coverage w/ state farm, and STi is only 150 a mo full coverage.