Do I need camber kit for my coilovers?

Kbone

I recently bought some function form type 1's and was wondering if Im going to need to buy a camber kit?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yes and no

Do you absolutely need one? no
Should you? Depends on how you drive etc. If you are just going to daily drive the car, not really, your tires will just wear a bit differently. If you track your car, then yes i suggest camber kits for front and back.
You should get an alignment though

sotashadow

GO!TEG!GO!
i got some for mine. I dropped like 3 inches so its nice to be able to push your wheels back positive. Also its nice to be able to tell your alignment guy what amount you would like to set em at. Plus any bit of tire wear you can save is always good :)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i got some for mine. I dropped like 3 inches so its nice to be able to push your wheels back positive. Also its nice to be able to tell your alignment guy what amount you would like to set em at. Plus any bit of tire wear you can save is always good :)
depends on who you go to for alignment most shops will only do within recomended spec, i had to talk to someone about doing my alignment to my spec

hallhg1

i dropped mine on coilovers about 2 inches on 17' rims. (I have a '94) it didn't affect my camber much at all, and I had no issues with getting an alignment. After 2 years of street driving, my tire wear is just fine with normal rotation intervals.

Noneed2Hate

yes you don't need them really. I got some put in just to have the option for track use in the future. (i only have a 1.7" drop)