do i need my valves done?? b18c

CheddaC

so ive noticed latley that my gsr has been burning some oil. my friend was driving behind me today and i was hittin vtec and he said black smoke was coming out exhaust. does that mean valves? if so how much does it usually cost to get them done on my b18c? thanks or the help

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Are you going through an excessive amount of oil? Black usually indicates running rich.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

BankiBoi

What he said . Valves are ticking noise and you can watch YouTube to do them

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

CheddaC

Not excessive amount at all just have to add a bit every now and then. And I'm not fucking around with that I have no experiance with things like that. And no ticking

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Not excessive amount at all just have to add a bit every now and then. And I'm not fucking around with that I have no experiance with things like that. And no ticking
Any cel? My guess is something is making you run rich. O2 sensor would be a probable cause. At what rpm does this happen? It is possible your secondaries aren't opening at 5200 but your ecu is expecting them to and therefore you are running rich. Are you sure that vtec is engaging?

BankiBoi

Haha its DIY man saves money and its pretty easy u just need few sockets and a jack and feeler gauge

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Haha its DIY man saves money and its pretty easy u just need few sockets and a jack and feeler gauge

A jack?! Lol...I suspect you have never done this...

esco115

Fawk a Title!
Rule of thumb...

Black Smoke - Rich on Gas
Blue Smoke - Burning Oil
White Smoke - Headgasket

95turboteg333

Not excessive amount at all just have to add a bit every now and then. And I'm not f***ing around with that I have no experiance with things like that. And no ticking
valves are simple, matter of fact, i did mine today and im a complete noob when it comes to valves, i just looked at a diy on google

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
vtec burns oil lol you should be ok but valve adjustment does not hurt
Did you even read any of the rest of the thread? Or think through the fact that burning oil does not produce black smoke?

Last edited:

CheddaC

Trust me vtec is engaging and my motor sounds completely fine. It's not allot of smoke just a lil black smoke I have my bolt ons and test pipe I have o2 sensor in to and it's new.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I would verify your secondaries are opening as well. And also make sure that it was black smoke and not bluish.