Do my brakes need bleeding?

Da90Teg

So before I get flamed to sh*t Its not the process of bleeding that I need help with, that shouldnt be a problem.

My brakes are very spongy feeling, and if I gradually apply the brakes I need to let off and reapply, or pump them.

Im used to it but while my car was un-insured I was driving some newer cars and all the brakes felt completely different.

Ive heard that old cars needed to have the brakes pumped when stopping. I doubt that tegs need this but I was just wondering before I wasted my time bleeding the brakes to have no better braking.

Thanks for any input guys!

TheCrimsonStar

You probably have air in your lines so bleeding is a yes. After me and my friend changed the brakes on his lancer his brakes were soft too. They worked but they felt off. Bled the lines and VERY tiny air bubbles came out. Worked find after that. Hard to believe such small bubbles could cause such a problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1994 Integra

Also. If your going to bleed and it hasn't been done in the last few years... Be sure to pump a quart or two through and and all that nasty moisture filled fluid pumped through the system. And don't snap any fittings ;)

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If that doesn't work, check you brake MC for leaks. I had to replace my entire braking system this week

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
If that doesn't work, check you brake MC for leaks. I had to replace my entire braking system this week
eeew.. I feel your pain bro.. I'm going to have to check out my ABS system I have fluid moving from the regular reservoir and flooding the ABS reservoir... I am dreading having to replace everything myself..

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It was a bitch to delete ABS. My friend worked on it for a while