Do NOT buy from Tiger Japenese Motors!!

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
i ordered a b20b from them and specifically asked the sales rep on the phone if i can get P8R casted b20b! GUESS WHAT?? i got b20b p75 head and P3F pistons!!!! The slowest b20 ever!! she swore to me that i am gonna recieve the one i wanted she promised!! i literally begged her on the phone over 3 times to make sure i get P8R and she assured me i am!! now i gotta hold off on my build because i got the wrong one... there technician insisted they were all the same and that i was wrong on difference in head!... :x FML more time to wait

now i got the claim open against them so i can hopefully get the one i was promised from the sales rep... i hope they fix my problem(well the problem they created)

Kyle

Sorry to hear. Their reviews online were pretty sketchy so I'm not totally shocked. See if you can get a refund and either buy from HMO or see if you can get a better engine from them. Personally, I'd go somewhere else with my money and cut my loses. Just me though.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
yea i am so pissed if they refuse to do anything im gonna tell all my friends and buddys that are planning swaps NEVER buy from them... i talked to the manger all they said was open a claim online and THEY PROMISED my problem will be fixed

phatintegra

Banned
Never order any motor or trans from them. They don't inspect it. Friend bought a JDM F motor and it was smoking and burning oil. I have bought a JDM front clip thru them minus the motor/trans. I had no issue.

Lo Key

Sorry to hear that man. I ordered an H22 from them back when I had my lude. It was off of an auto, but other than that I had no problems out of the motor or customer service.

greddy1387

I live by hmo. And my buddy ordered a zc swap from tiger jap. And it came was discuting covored in oil leaking and burning. Wasn't worth the cash at all. Then a differnt friend got the same swap from hmo and it was spotless and one of the best motors I've ever seen or heard run

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Umm I have had both versions and they ran identical times at the track in the same exact car.... Why everyone thinks the P8R head is some magical warrior is beyond me. It has bigger valves on 1 side, thats it, nothing more... in fact the p8r head on a B20 bottom end has lower compression (8.8:1) vs the p75 casted B20s...I would jsut be happy that you got a running motor. If anything pick up a seperate LS/B20 head and built it up. Just my .02 worth

My buddy jsut went through a similar situation with Tiger, he got a B20 (p8r) and it had a bad headgasket, he was all sorts of pissed. He then ordered from another "reputable" supplier and guess what, that motor too had a bad headgasket lmfao. Its the risk you run when buying used motors. They all offer the same type of warranties and that is just a start up warranty. Another buddy of ours bought a SR20 from Tiger and it came with a $1500 dollar clutch attatched to it lmfao, he got an HKS Twin Disk. They don't inspect the motors that well, they just know that they run when pulled

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Their customer service and work ethic sucks at HMO. I need to call and get my tracking...it was supposed to be emailed last friday.