do tegs get stolen a lot?

XTurboAcuraX

i was cheking out team integra website and the members said that tegs get stolen a lot or broken into. they were talking on how to relocate the hood latch and make a fuel shut off switch. is it really that bad? or is it that bad in big cities with lots of $hitty people?

01cleatus

Honestly I believe it was like 2 years ago that the insurance companies made a list of the most stolen cars and our car was number 1. I think last year it was the trans am. The reason people steal our cars is because of our engines, and they get sent to chop shops. Honestly though our cars are very easy to break into I personally had to break into my friends tegs before because they locked their keys in them. I invested in a car alarm but I should check into one with a cut off switch.

Baldy201

Yea it is a very popular car. Everyone wants one. haha. I always worry about my car, but not to the point that i loose sleep or go paranoid. I know that my insurance company will take care of me. Should you worry? yea, but get a good alarm and you can let down your guard down some.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
well if your car has 18" rims, Screens, crazy sys. and my car has stock exterior ....chances are, the next morning you'll be the one standing outside in your boxers wondering where the fuck your car is. one of the reasons alot of ppl like sleeper, cuz it just pretty much stock, most of the time ppl steal cars is to sell the parts, they arent gonan steal and drive it... cuz they cant its just plain stupid ( but yea...there are ppl thaty do that) but majority of the time they steal for parts. and if your car looks stock, chances are he's gonan pass and find something thats worth it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
2003's most stolen vehicles:

1 1995 Saturn SL
2 1998 Acura Integra
3 1994 Saturn SL
4 1999 Acura Integra
5 1995 Acura Integra
6 1997 Acura Integra
7 1996 Acura Integra
8 1994 Acura Integra
9 2002 Mitsubishi Montero
10 2000 Honda Civic
11 1991 Acura Legend
12 1999 Honda Civic
13 1994 Honda Civic
14 1994 Honda Accord
15 1995 Honda Accord

Yikes!
On the 2000 Integra's, Honda started using key sensing technology in the ignitions, making the 2000 and 2001's harder to steal.
-Integra's have tons of interchangeable parts with the Civic, their built on the same frame even.
-People bought Civics and Integra's by the assload in the 90's.So there's high demand for parts.
-Very easy to break into.
-VTEC engines are becoming more and more rare, and there is high demand for them because they kick ass all over the Civic's little 1.6 liter, and "all da gangstaaaaaz" want a 1.8 VTEC in their Civic. "Da VTEC's mad phat, yo! I be smokin' foos' on da steets like dis here blunt!"

Spectacula Acura

Yeah dude its true we are targets, I live in Podunk NH in a yuppie neighbor hood and i had a theft attempt on my 95. I was in my garage, best thing was I broke my leg and the car sat for along time and had no battery! I still have my teg thanks GOD. I think theft detereants are a good idea but a good theif will jack your shit and youd never hear it. A heavily modded supra was stolen from a friend of mine with a factory alarm that never went off! aftermarket alarms are a good idea I suggest a proximity sensor equiped may help you. I just never leave my car out ever. PM ill give you a few things that can save you that I did along with others near me.
Peace AB 8)

Last edited:

XTurboAcuraX

i don't know if my city is as bad as the rest of them. i live in an apartment complex and there's a 3rd gen integra parked out there for long periods of time. i mean sometimes the owner drives it. i don't think it has an alarm, but anyway there doesn't seem to be any theft problem with it.

XTurboAcuraX

MoJoJoJo said:
well if your car has 18" rims, Screens, crazy sys. and my car has stock exterior ....chances are, the next morning you'll be the one standing outside in your boxers wondering where the fuck your car is. one of the reasons alot of ppl like sleeper, cuz it just pretty much stock, most of the time ppl steal cars is to sell the parts, they arent gonan steal and drive it... cuz they cant its just plain stupid ( but yea...there are ppl thaty do that) but majority of the time they steal for parts. and if your car looks stock, chances are he's gonan pass and find something thats worth it.
i don't understand what you mean about the car looking stock and somebody stealing it. they would just walk up to a stock car and look whether or not its worth jacking???? so maybe we should all slap bodykits and decals onto our cars so they won't look stock anymore? can you explain more, because it is just not registering. people would steal a stock car even if there was a heavily modded one next to it??????

MoJoJoJo

Banned
kinda like...ummm "neva judge a book by its cover" if you were a car jacker, would you

*A* steal a car with alot of aftermarket parts; for example Rims,Electronic Accessories & Gauges, you know stuff you can sell easy

or

*B* a car that pretty much looks stock, not much you can sell

ppl that steal cars...what to make money of it, chances are if your car looks stock. they will pass on it and find a car that can get them some easy fast cash. you kno wat i mean?