dome light not coming on when door opens?

DustinXIX

ok so my dome light doesnt come on when ay of the doors are opened? if you push the switch on it manually it will turn on.so its def got power and ground lol my question is why doesnt it turn on when the doors are open? i would imagine that if the auto seatbelts do their thing when opening and closing the doors than the switch in the door must be functioning correctly? any advice? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
idk about the older models, but on the DC it has three spots, you do have it in the middle (if it exists) correct?

mykulangot92

i have the same problem
i always just smack the dome light haha it works
mayb if u replace the bulb itll help too mite work

DustinXIX

i would imagine that if the bulb works when switched on manualy than theres no problem with the bulb :p ehhh ohh well wort a try i guess :p

Prozon

Kris
Coy, you were the one with this issue on a Civic or something weren't you, maybe it was the third gen.. I remember something about an aftermarket cd player and a wire behind it?

I have the same issue, just haven't taken the time to fix it.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yeah. my civic had an oem alarm that was wired to the oem radio and it was connected to the dome light. i doubt thats your problem tho.

streetkaos

me too!

Hey there.

I have the same dome light problem....and now the 'idiot chime' for my headlights doesn't work either. Anybody had both of those things happen at the same time?

If anybody finds an easy fix, please don't forget to post! Thanks!

Prozon

Kris
Your like the fourth post today about it.
I might have to look into it.

It doesn't bother me though, I don't like having a dome light lol.

pirate.deathbat

i had that same problem but with mine only the passenger's door would turn on the light, not the driver's side, i ended up going to the junkyard and buying the switch on the side of the door that tells you when the door is open, and it worked... try that.

Prozon

Kris
I think that might have something to do with my problem too, but neither door turns on the light for me.
However I noticed when my car is going 90mph+ the door ajar light flickers lol.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
This isn't another one of those problems caused by the capacitor on the ICU blowing up is it?