door hidge problem

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
so im having trouble closing my door i was under the impression that it was the door hidge pin but they dont sell them at local car part stores my question is can i adjust it some where else besides the door hook on the car frame

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Is your door sagging or is it just difficult to close?
The drivers door on my Miata won't close sometimes and the door doesn't sag, I think it's something with the latch.

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
i want to say sagging because i can pick up the driver side from the bottom a little but for the passenger side i cant i adjusted the latch so it could be easier to close but it just looks bad because the door doesnt line up i was wondering if it would have a adjustment bolt if i took off the fender

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
if it is door sag, you may need to have a body shop grind and re-weld the bracket mount points that the door hinges to.

they can have a tendancy t pull away from the body over the years and allthough it may not ne so noticeable it is happening and mostly the culprit ehind a door hitting the bottom of the jamb and not wanting to latch properly

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
problem solved i had to loosen the brackets then push the door up a little and now it closes right just had to take off the fender