Door Lock Problems

tucents

Been a long time i been on here, I got my teg home, she needs some love but with a decent income it will be done!

Anyway, I have manual locks and am having problems with them.

1). I can unlock/locl the driver side door with the key easily, but when i try to unlock the door from the inside its really hard to and doesnt want to budge without a lot of force, seems to want to stay locked from the inside.

2). The key fits in the passenger side door lock but doesnt want to budge, any ideas?

Please help!

justjdm

DB8 Whore
The driver side usually doesn't lock from the inside when the door is open. When it's closed, it should lock just fine. Not sure why, but my integra does it too. For the passenger side, the door handle probably broke and whoever had it last didn't decide to swap the lock most likely, so now you got 2 different locks.

rexpepper123

mines like that too. none of my locks were the same when i got it. i found someone on a local honda forum who was parting their car out an bought the igniton and door locks and hatch lock for cheap.super easy to put them in. besides i got a different year hatch lock from 94-97 so it didnt have the power lock thing on it. anyways it takes about 20 mins-40 mins a lock to replace.

tucents

so im SOL then unless i can find an ignition, door locks and trunk latch from the same car. i tried locking the driver side door with door closed, i still gotta use quite a bit of force while the passenger i can lock with a pinky finger :\

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Just a heads up, it doesn't lock from the inside to prevent locking your keys in your car.

mjones73

Have to wonder if you damaged something trying to force it locked with the door open. If you pull the handle out, it will lock normally, it's the override to lock it from the inside with the door open.

tucents

ohh shit i totally forgot about the door handle one, i used to have a 91 accord where youd have to hold the handle and push the lock for it to lock ....DUH...still stumped on teh passenger side though, i bought the car and never touched the lock on that side