door lock trouble...pllz help!

mattr89lxi

so my problems are my exterior handle on drivers door kinda sticks/stays up a little when let go intead of goin back to bein all the way down like it is supposed to...how can i fix this? can i just greese it somehow?

other problem with exterior handle is the key has always bin kinda hard to turn can this be because of the handle too?

then when inside the car if i was to get in shut the door then lock it...it wont unlock and ill have to climb out the passenger side..but when that happends if sumbody pulls the handle on the outside then it will unlock! but if not the manuel lock just wont go to the unlocked position no matter how hard you push it...any help on this??

my car has power locks too but the power lock switch wont do anything on either doors how would i go about finding the problem causing this? or if youve had these symtoms what what the problem causing it??

Interceptor442

Mine HAD a similar problem, and turned out to be the power lock actuator. If I used the button, it would lock, but I couldn't get back in. I did the "security upgrade"on mine doing away with the buttons (using the RS covers) , and haven't had any trouble since. I can lock/unlock my door normally with the key..... hold for a few extra seconds and it unlocks the passenger side, and when I lock it, it auto locks the passenger side.
Only "down" side of this is locking it with the key everytime, which after a few days is now second nature to me, but the added security of removing the buttons for someone else to be able to gain easy entry was well worth it IMHO.

Now, onto your FIX part. you should be able to pull the door panel, and remove the dried and crusted grease and relube and maybe fix it (atleast temporarily ), or just replace the actuator.
hope this helps
JDM