door speaker doesn't work

money

why doesnt my driver door speaker not work? i took them out put them on my passenger side they work on that side :/. im getting brand new from speakers this weekend but whats wrong with the driver side?

Panda-R

Putting the DA in panDA
it could be a number of things but one of the many i think is a short to ground, what type of wires do you have and do they seem damaged or are exposed anywhere ? if so then cover that up and try it again.

atomic_peach

You could also check at the door wire harness for breaks. Are you sure the fade/balance isn't set to just the right?

money

it's stock wiring im pretty sure, might be a problem behind the deck . and the wiring that i can see looks all fine it might be somewere in the frame or something

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
run new wire i ran new wire all the way around my car for $15 dollars and thats 14 gage wire. Id recommend something smaller though if your not running a hi n low amp like i am good luck.

money

oooh yeah but i dont get how to get through the door and the frame and stuff to follow the wire :/

money

does anyone have the wiring diagram for the speaker wire that goes threw the door i dont know how to take it threw

Prozon

Kris
A wiring diagram wouldn't show you how to get through the door. If you remove the kick panel by the fuse box you get a better idea, but it's a pain in the ass to fish it up through there.

Try wiring the speaker directly to your radio, and see if it works. That would show if it's a wiring problem or if it's your deck.