Doors are leaking

dylan spare

Hey everyone, Ive got a 1995 acura integra SE that I just purchased. I was out driving the other day and I noticed that when I open the door there were little droplets of water on the bottom of the door jam ( not sure what this part is called maybe rocker panel? ) anyway there is water coming in on both sides, passenger and driver. I had to replace the speakers in the car because they were blown but when I took the front speakers out i saw moisture on the wires from the water that apparently leaks inside the panel and drips down.

I have no clue where the water is coming from, I cant see any real damage to the door anywhere that would logically cause this, and I don't want to put the new speakers and have them just blow out on me because the water issue isn't fixed.

obviously this only happens when it rains, and I've had the car stationary and checked it after a mild shower and the water still drips in ( so it has nothing to do with me physically opening the door during a rain storm).

has anyone ever had this problem and knows whats going on? thanks so much !

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
I washed my car yesterday and I found some water like where you described. So i guess its not a big deal. It wasn't too much water, like little tiny droplets.

Last edited:

dylan spare

yea but I found moisture on the wires of the old speakers from a rain shower earlier that day, so if its getting inside the panel like that it cant be good... I just have no clue how its some how dripping down from between the door itself and the plastic inner panel.

so frustrating

AwesomeSN

does it have that one plastic liner inside the door panel?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
water will make it past the window seal, thats normal. u should have a plastic baffel behing the speaker to keep it from getting wet. keep your drain holes clear in the bottom of the door