Double clutch??? What's that?

hadjie85

I heard it in Fast and the Furious and in a few posts around the boards. so what does it mean to double clutch? how do you do it?

Baldy201

Double clutch is used for cars with out syncros, but can help the life of your syncros in your trans. IT is used to slow down.

OK procedure.
brakeing and the RPMs are getting kinda low.
Clutch-> neutral
then rev to a higher RPM(the landing point at the speed you are going in the new gear)
Clutch->gear.

Simple but not needed.
Racers use it but as heel-toe shifting into corners so they dont get a huge jerk and throw the car out of balance.

Todd

token ex-mod
:werd: the movie is entertaining... but is anything BUT informative

misplacedcivic

haha go figure. i hear vin diesal doesn't even own a car. seriously. hmmm it almost seems pointless double clutching, unless i completely missunderstood the description of what it was.... :x

Todd

token ex-mod
Neither Vin Deisel nor Paul Walker own cars, both own trucks/suv's and paul walker travels allot in his RV.... i watched allot of T.V. at one point of my life... now i dont have cable... eh.. go figure :what:

DownShift96GSR

Todd I'm in the same boat you are, watched a but load of TV when I was younger, but then I started driving. Hmmmm???? Anyway, yeah double clutching, pointless. In a race just speed shift.

iluvitr

ive heard that paul walker owns a skyline. wen i went to SEMA a few months ago, my friend asked some models about a white r34 across from their booth. they both said that it was indeed paul walkers' car, and that he was there the day before, but thats what i heard. ill try and find the pic of the car im talkin about nad post it for you guys

DownShift96GSR

Rumor has it he owns a Skyline and that him and Tyrese in fact own their own performance shop in either LA or Miami. Can't remember where. But thats the rumor going around.

P.S.

Keyword in this post is RUMOR.

Prez

then someone lied to you dude. Those guys couldnt tell the difference between a DOHC engine and a SOHC engine.

Todd

token ex-mod
the skyline spoke of was the skyline that paul walker drove in the movie. he doesnt own a car and has no mechanical knowledge as of a year ago... i doubt much has changed in the meantime