double din install in Integra NEED HELP

heydude348

Installing a Pioneer AVIC D3 in a 2000 Integra GSR. Using a Metra kit but can't for the life of me figure out how it attaches to the center console of the car. I followed the directions to the letter and can't see how the plastic kit attaches to the "frame work" of the car. Anyone with experience in this build would be great to hear from. Pics or web sites would also be great thanks.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Certain clips are cut from the kit according to the instructions and then it snaps in place.

Post up some pics so we can see where you've gone astray.

aaks38

youll have to rely on the side clips to hold it in place however you should install a metal backstrap from behind and attach it to the metal bracketry behind the radio for antitheft and to hold it more secure.

BeatBox

Real Good!
you have the right dash kit right?
you should only be using the pieces that attach to the side of the double din
might have to cut out the metal piece inside your dash, IN MINE atleas it got in the way and wouldnt let it sit flush with the dash

im pretty sure you wont be able to get it to sit perfectly in there, mine just rested there and was still in there after i flipped my car lol

heydude348

Metra bracket

You mean the for small plastic tabs on the front trim plate holds the unit in place? Also, it appears that you have to remove the side pieces of the center console dash to install the head unit and then reinstall the side pieces. Does that seem correct.

heydude348

Thanks for the advice and pics. So are you say that the only way it attaches is by the clips( I think they were C and H on the Metra kit) on the front of the kit.There are no attachment points on the sides of the kit,etc.?Also, did you have to remove the sides of your center console or does the head unit slide in from the front? It doesn't look like it can slide in from the front with the plastc side pieces on the L/R pieces you attach to the head unit.

aaks38

the side pieces are usually needed to hold the plastic bezel in place, unless your radio for some reason is interefering with them. But you should not remove the factory side clips on upon the radio cavity opening

BeatBox

Real Good!
no problem, well on mine the plastic pieces kind made it sit snugg in there with out being attached to anything.

yeah it should just slide in with the plastic pieces attached, make it fit its kinda tight just be careful not to break anything

chasecabe

Installing a Pioneer AVIC D3 in a 2000 Integra GSR. Using a Metra kit but can't for the life of me figure out how it attaches to the center console of the car. I followed the directions to the letter and can't see how the plastic kit attaches to the "frame work" of the car. Anyone with experience in this build would be great to hear from. Pics or web sites would also be great thanks.
I had to cut off the bottom and side peices for mine to fit. Fits perfect!