Drag racing

graveyardhippie

It won't let me quote you 96ls.... I mean hold the ebrake on the line, bring your rpms up, and let your clutch out enough to put some tension on the axles. Then its not as much like a hammer to the joints when you leave.

graveyardhippie

I didn't know ebay did alignments now? Also what you are referring to is known as preloading, something I have never done haha
I always forget terms. Yes, preloading. But if you're just dumping with that much power, I may skip preloading next time. They sell camber kits and such. The knockoffs are not dependable or accurate. The actual alignment needs to be done at a shop. So there! Fixed it

Muckman

Not a M0derator
stock engine doesn't have the power to break stock axles, plus those aren't even slicks. you'll be fine!

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Street tires with too much psi can make you have wheel hop, which can kill axles. It's not really power that's always the reason an axle will break. Drop your tire pressures to 20'ish, dry burnout, preload at the line, and drop it at like 5k; then fine tune your launch after that. Are you coming out to CMI on Sunday? I can help you a bit in my free time if you are.

95B18BTurbo

Just preload the axles and you should be fine. I've snapped my fair share of axles, but I was also running a lot more power and 24.5' M/H slicks because I wasn't preloading. Preloading is the key!

hgocasca

level 77 troll
4k drop and go. Done it many times. You'll spin before you snap. Drop the pressure to 17-18psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
Street tires with too much psi can make you have wheel hop, which can kill axles. It's not really power that's always the reason an axle will break. Drop your tire pressures to 20'ish, dry burnout, preload at the line, and drop it at like 5k; then fine tune your launch after that. Are you coming out to CMI on Sunday? I can help you a bit in my free time if you are.
I didnt go to the event i went the day that they canceled it and just haf test and tune i want to race on the 27th but im not sure if just anyone is alowed to race that day ..

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk