driver's side door doesn't lock when door is opened

99integie

is this a common problem with the integs?

whenever the door is open i cannot lock it so i would have to lock it from the outside with the key
when door is closed it will lock, it just wont look when the door is opened

is the lock lever thingy broken and need to be replaced? i took apart the door and couldnt find anything wrong with it, the passenger door is fine though.

any help would be nice

99integie

oh and another question.. are these cars suposed to come with remote lock key? cause mine sure didnt come with one..

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
is this a common problem with the integs?

whenever the door is open i cannot lock it so i would have to lock it from the outside with the key
when door is closed it will lock, it just wont look when the door is opened

is the lock lever thingy broken and need to be replaced? i took apart the door and couldnt find anything wrong with it, the passenger door is fine though.

any help would be nice
its a safety feature so you cant accidently lock yourself out. but you can lock it with the door open if you pull on the handle then lock it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i dont think they did, i never had one i have an alarm one

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
search... this topic has been covered a bajillion times. all integras have fucked up locking systems

mirrorimg

so i have to pull the handle everytime i wanna lock it?
If you have auto locks, you use a little remote. If you dont have electric locks, you pull the handle and lock the door, or use the key after you are out. You will get used to it. You can do it in one motion as you get out of the car.