Drivetrain Complication and Confusion

sleepybrown

I no longer have any idea what my problem can be!!! Im at 3 rocks and a hard spot. Recently ive been having issues with shifting through gears or even going into gears. One idea is possibly that the rear motor mount that is busted is possibly binding the shift linkage which is not letting me go into some gears and making it diffucult. Recently i had put 10w-30 in the tranny and had a chattering noise. Then went to see my mechanic and hes believing the pressure plate is fucked up. But for the past 6 days id had no problem going into gear, shift or anything it had been smooth! Then yesteday it all started fucking up again and worse than before. Shifting is rough start the car and sometimes i have to wait 20 minutes after starting up the car to go into any gear. And then sometime it would be fine and after driving for 15 minutes and come to a complete stop. Sit in neutral and then as i go into 1st it wont go or its super rough. Any help would be nice

Prozon

Kris
Will it shift through gears while the car is off? If so I'd say it's your clutch. If not i'd say it's your shift linkage.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Do you have a cable or hydro tranny? if its hydro, it could very well be your master (or slave) cylinder.
Did you actually get the pressure plate checked it and if so did they check the throwout bearing

Rich-PMS

First off-
drain the motor oil you put in the trans
put in Honda MTF

Then see what problems you have.
Also, if it's a cable trans- adjust the tension down on trans

if it's hydro- you can make adjustment at the clutch peddle.

sleepybrown

its a hydro tranny. Ive been thinking that its possibly the slave cylinder. But this is my first 5spd and its my first own car im dabbling with so everyone expirenced thinks im just a dumbass. But while the cars off, it shifts fine i can go into gears smoothly. On, one day its smooth as butter, then another its like trying to fit a damn potatoe through a froot loop when shifting thats how rough it feels. Then times it wants to be a bitch about coming outta gear but only for a split second

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
its a hydro tranny. Ive been thinking that its possibly the slave cylinder. But this is my first 5spd and its my first own car im dabbling with so everyone expirenced thinks im just a dumbass. But while the cars off, it shifts fine i can go into gears smoothly. On, one day its smooth as butter, then another its like trying to fit a damn potatoe through a froot loop when shifting thats how rough it feels. Then times it wants to be a bitch about coming outta gear but only for a split second
Sounds like one of your cylinders.

Prozon

Kris
Check your clutch fluid. Maybe bleed out the line. It could be your slave, or even your master cylinder. Kind of hard to pin point. It could be a lot of things.