driving question?? need your opinion

RSunlimited

daily driven
hey guys. im still learning things about my teg. i have a 95 rs B18B1 motor with I/H/E. the car also has 135k miles. :(it rans strong. but some times i feel like im towing a boat. like no power... rpm goes up but feels no much torque like normal. so what do you guys think the problem is? should i start saving for a new motor just in case. :(

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
What kind of I/E/H do you have? I've never really driven a B18B1 before, so I can't really tell you what's wrong? Have you done a compression test?

bigbro6785

do a compression test. Also check plugs, wires, air and fuel filter, change oil, etc. Normal maintanence. You also might want to check the cat, might be clogged and preventing your exhaust from flowing.

RSunlimited

daily driven
I/H/E is generic brand i think its like ebay(from previous owner). the plugs and plug wires are new. ill check the exhaust. i e cat and and axle back. oh and this is the first problem im having besides the oil leak on the valve cover. but the was an easy fix..

RSunlimited

daily driven
the exhaust is clean well no clogs. that i can see. even though i know the exhaust pipe is hitting my frame a little bit cause it bends up to high over the control arm.. compression check tomorrow since all the shops around here are closing

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Sudden loss in power could be anything form bad fuel filter, airfilter, my guess is going to be a faulty O2 sensor, do you have any engine lights on?

RSunlimited

daily driven
no dude i made that sig... and that is my car i got the pics on my digital camera. if you are talking about the NA is best. yeah i got that like way back... i dont even remember when.. but if its some one elses. sorry. the reason why i used it is because of the CI logo and NA is best..

Last edited:

mteg

Automatic Lover
Is this an autoamtic or manual transmission? If it's an automatic, whens the last time you got tranny fluid changed. If your tranny fluid is bad, it will cause your tranny to heat up faster-which causes your tranny to go into a a limp mode. It sounds weird but I saw it happen in a friends car. We tried everything. The car would only rev to about 3000 and then shift. If you manually downshifted you could get it to go up to 4500. We tried plugs, wires, rotor and cap, fuel filter, air cleaner, compression test. all of this = nothing. The car reved fine till we put it in gear. After haveing a tranny flush the car ran fine. Idk, worth a shot.