Dynamat, fatmat, eDead peel and seal

Omarlito21

I want to add sound deading tomy car I was wondering if any 1 has used any of these products how will u rate them any problems? was there a noticiable difference?

I purchased a dynamat extreme trunk kit from pepboys for 50 bucks thinking it would do my whole trunk it did a little more than 1/4 and iireally dont want to spend soo much money doing this

Implanning on doing the whole trunk trunk door i have a 4dr soall 4 doors under the rear seats and under the hood any suggestions comments?

mirrorimg

I got a bulk pack of Dynamat online (random website, might have been eBay) for about $165. It came with about 42 sq/ft (12 sheets), and I did my floor board, all doors, and I still have 2 or 3 sheets left for my roof.

Omarlito21

yea i was looking around on ebayi found 36 sq ft of dynamat for 145, but fatmat is 100 sq ft for 130 Ive been reading reviews and they say its as good as dynamat but i dont trust reviews and edead has 50 sq ft for 140 of their newest and best product ultra butyl....Has anyone tried fatmat or edead?
Mirror if u did 42 sqft and did the major parts of ur car would it be wise to get the 100sqft off fatmat and go over it twice? I knw ill only save 15 bucks and spend double the time but it might just be worth it

mirrorimg

I removed the stock sound deadening when I did mine, so the benefit was noticeable, but my car does not sound like the newer vehicles coming out. I still head my exhaust pretty well through it, but I did not do the trunk portion, nor the rear seats. Two layers will improve the sound deadening, but at the cost of a lot of weight. I think my 42 sq feet was approximately 30-35 lbs. Other manufacturers may have heavier sheets that reduce the sound similarly to the Dynamat, but this means more weight for the same sound reduction.

Doubling up on an already heavier product (It may the the same, or the difference may be negligible, I dont know) will weigh the car down even more. I would do some more research on the thickness, the weight, and the improvement on sound deadening the different products provide before making judgement.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I love the Dynamat Extreme, it sticks to anything. Keep in mind with Dynamat, you don't have to have every last square inch covered for it to do its job. Cut it into squares or strips and spread it out, leave space in between each piece, it'll go a longer way for you, cuz your right it isn't cheap.
Dynamat Origional isn't good for using on anything but parallel to the ground pieces, I've found. Even if you heat it up to make it stick better like they recommend, it doesn't stick well long term to perpendicular or upside down surfaces. It's the heaviest of all the Dynamat, but it is also the least expensive. It's best to get for use on the floor/trunk, where your going more for actual sound deadening that vibration reduction.

Dynamat Premium is a little better than Origional. It's thinner, lighter and sticks a little better. I have it in my doors and it still sticks fine after being in there for years.

I was thinking about trying out that eDead in my Civic, but haven't bought any yet.
I found it HERE. Have you seen it somewhere else cheaper, Omarlito?

Omarlito21

Doubling up on an already heavier product (It may the the same, or the difference may be negligible, I dont know) will weigh the car down even more. I would do some more research on the thickness, the weight, and the improvement on sound deadening the different products provide before making judgement.
Yea youre right that weight issue completly slippedmy mind Im gonna look into them all and let you guys knw what i find...

I was thinking about trying out that eDead in my Civic, but haven't bought any yet.
I found it HERE. Have you seen it somewhere else cheaper, Omarlito?
Well on that web site they charge you per sqft 50 sqft of their better stuff will be 100 bucks plus s&h and it weighs 30 pounds for 50sqft (.60 per sqft) and the same website sells it on ebay for 140 including shipping so pretty much the same I couldent find to many other companies selling edead

Omarlito21

Dynamat Xtreme
Thickness: .067 (1.7mm)
Mass:0.45lbs./ft.2(22.5lbs 50sqft)
Temp Range:65°F to +300°F (-54°C to +149°C)
Price:Between 125-175 on ebay 36sqft most bulk i could fid

EDEAD 80
Thickness: 80-85 mils
Mass:.60lbs./ft.2 (30lbs 50sqft)
Temp Range:65°F to +400°F
Price:Between 2.00 per sq ft(100 bucks fro 50sqft)

Seems to me edead 80 is a bit better while it is thicker it does weigh more but u can buy it by the sqft on their website http:///www.edesignaudio.com which will save you alot of money...Since i started with dynamat in my trunk i think ill buy another trunk kit for 50bucks and 65-70 sqst of edead 80