e brake keeps getting stuck?

iDrive a GS-R

so lately my left rear brake would get stuck after i pull the e brake down
also when i try to move the e brake lever back up it moves freely with no resistance.
it only happens on the left side, could it be that my caliper is seized? its the same caliper i changed less than a year ago.

one last thing it stays stuck so i had no choice but to drive it to get home and i could just smell the pads getting burnt up. after about 5 mins of driving it unsticks and the e brake lever feels normal.

OLDSKOOLACURA

Acura legends have that problem with their rear brakes. Take it off the rotor and push the piston back in. If it keeps doing it take it apart and rebuild it. Easy to do and cheap if you do it yourself

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iDrive a GS-R

now the e brake wont even engage now on that side unless i pull the lever alllll the way up.
it wont hold on an incline anymore only my passenger side engages.
i havent tried pushing the piston back yet but will that fix it?

OLDSKOOLACURA

now the e brake wont even engage now on that side unless i pull the lever alllll the way up.
it wont hold on an incline anymore only my passenger side engages.
i havent tried pushing the piston back yet but will that fix it?
Did you tighten the e brake? The adjustment should under the console behind the e brake where your arm rests. You can tighten and loosen from there

iDrive a GS-R

I might just end up buying the caliper oem this time tho
The one i have on it now is from auto zone and it looks all rusted and crap when i took a look at it. The passenger side(which is oem)looks nice and clean lol
Does anyone know if the caliper come with the pads if its bought at a dealer? I have the part number i just cant tell from the diagram

OLDSKOOLACURA

I believe they don't. You have to order the pads, I'm not 100% though