E-brake not clicking when i lift

Squigget

So i've had this problem before and my friend's dad fixed it. but i dont have time or gas money to drive all the way to his shop. I know it's an easy fix because he did it in like two minutes

basically when i lift the e brake up it wont make the clicking noise, and it falls back down. the e brake still works but only when i hold it up. just happened this morning. i think it has to do with the teething that makes it click.. any suggestions?

LJmLee

take it to a acura dealer and ask em it should be an easy fix..ive never had any issues with it or experiences so i dont know but i bet an acura dealer would.

LJmLee

no just ask em i go to the honda dealer with questions all the time

mirrorimg

Take out the console. Look at the mechanism and try to locate where it engages, then follow the path upstream to the button to diagnose it. The easiest thing to do it look yourself and try to do some analysis first.

From what I can think of, the button on the handle has a spring under it which releases the lock on the gear that keeps the cable taut. The mechanism probably got stuck and needs to be lubed because it got stuck in the pushed-down position.

Squigget

So all i had to do was wiggle it side to side and it got back on track -___-

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
or you could start leaving it in gear next time it does it and just use it as a drift lever lol

Squigget

or you could start leaving it in gear next time it does it and just use it as a drift lever lol
hahaha my last car was the drifter... not this one.
but now i leave it in gear every time i park, even on flat, just in case that thing decides to drop when im not there

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
hahaha my last car was the drifter... not this one.
but now i leave it in gear every time i park, even on flat, just in case that thing decides to drop when im not there
lol nice. yea i cant have a remote start, i have a REAL bad habit of leaving in gear..it's just so much easier lol

prophetDB7

there is a rubber piece that covers the hole below the e brake lever. Sometimes it can get stuck and cause the ebrake not to properly lock. I just stick my finger in and yank the rubber out.:2confused