eBay Cold Air Intake

DjZGFX

I'm wanting to buy an ebay CAI for my GS-R. Wondering if any of you guys have one? I currently have the K&N pod filter adapter for my teggy and want a little more. My friend with an 8th gen civic has a cold air and he said he felt a huge difference when he installed it. But anyways, do any of you have the ebay CAI? Not a SRI (short ram intake). If so, can you post pics of it as the ebay pics suck.

Ganyon

It looks like every other cai. Just make sure you replace the cheap filter that it comes with.

dlo253

They suck. At least the DA ones. Tubing isn't bent correctly so if you have abs it rubs on the line which leads to that line busting, or it rubs thru the intake tube. Poorly located hose ports, some have too many or not enough also. And I have a thing against them since I hydrolocked my last motor hahaha.

aredbb2

Just a heads up, wash the inside of the tubing thoroughly before installing. The ones off ebay usually are oily on the inside and it holds metal shavings in it from the time of manufacturing.

DjZGFX

It looks like every other cai. Just make sure you replace the cheap filter that it comes with.
Why should I replace it? and with what?
Nick has a pretty good setup for a cheap intake I believe.
Any way to get him on this thread?

Just a heads up, wash the inside of the tubing thoroughly before installing. The ones off ebay usually are oily on the inside and it holds metal shavings in it from the time of manufacturing.
Thanks for the heads up!

If I were you get a pwjdm carbon fiber Wale penis dyno proven 6whp wen I get some cash that's the way I'm going
Not a big fan of those intakes haha.

DarkDB1

eBay filters are usually bad quality. K&N and AEM make great filters.
K&N filters don't start filtering until the filter is dirty.

An intake hose is an intake hose, The only difference from my old days with a ebay and AEM intake, The pipe on the intake was always cold when the pipe on the ebay would get hot. I think it's the different type of metal they use. and there is no way in hell your friend got "huge gains" by just adding an intake.

It's all a mental thing, Kind of like feeling like your car is lighter and faster when you pump up the tires. It's all just in your head...

The filter is crap, Change it to AFE or something of the like (dry=better, oiled=not better)

dlo253

Yes an intake tube is an intake tube, but not all of the ebay ones fit properly. Def stay away from a CAI tho unless you want to hydrolock. Depending on where you live, I suppose.The ice box is one of the best and cheapest methods... be sure to put a few drain holes in the box, not sure if that is in the how to. Or even some sort of one way valve, just to be safe.