Ebay turbo for light DD

ali_baba

I have heard many bad reviews on ebay turbos and I was wondering if I would have to worry about the weaknesses of ebay turbos if i only run 5-6 psi for DD. I never plan on taking it higher than that, i just want to take advantage of the benefits of a turbo (efficiency, more mpg, and more power). I do not want more than 200hp. I drive a 1999 ls auto.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
1. PSI is the wrong way to go about turbocharging
2. ebay turbos are garbage
3. good luck turbocharging your auto without your tranny taking a dump on you

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
dude... just take your time and do research on turbos like I am...

These guys will just roast you on here if you throw out vauge questions...

look around and find people who may have a auto tranny with turbo (ive NEVER heard of this, especially on our acuras/hondas). Find reviews on ebay turbo's. I think they are decent for daily driving and that exactly what Im doing to my car. Look up Godspeed, they make pretty decent kits. but really, learn about what you're getting into

ps: i would probably recommend a supercharger for an auto tranny... just my 2 cents

suzuki714

Wait... TUrbos help with mpg??? I thought they hurt mpg

You are thinking about tunes that are tailored to make power. If you go to a dyno shop and ask for mpg not sure if they will even know what to do. And if you keep mr lead foot out of the right side anything will get good mpg. Like in diesel power mag. there are trucks on their that have 800 hp DD and still get 20 mpg

ali_baba

I was just curious I'm going all-motor anyways. IHCE, high comp, cam, tune. And for anyone whos gonna tell me they can't tune autos, yes they can I got a quote

whitedc4

no one said you can't tune an auto...

obviously you can tune anything with an ecu..

ebay turbos are fine with different wastegates, bov, and manifolds my buddy falo races an em1 calls it the ebay killer because its an ebay kit with a few things changed. you're not going to make much power at all with an ebay turbo i don't even think they are 23 trim .

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
ebay turbos are fine with different wastegates, bov, and manifolds my buddy falo races an em1 calls it the ebay killer because its an ebay kit with a few things changed. you're not going to make much power at all with an ebay turbo i don't even think they are 23 trim .
I agree with most of this, except the power part. My XSPower Turbo is a 57 trim.

whitedc4

wow. well, i just wouldn't have imagine ebay making one bigger than a greddy one. well thats cool.

Oleg

Ive been running a knock-off turbo for 9 months, no problems so far. Makes power just as well as brand name turbos. They know how to make quality shit in China nowadays. Also, running a knock-off wastegate over 2 years now, works like a champ.

You can definitely boost an auto and tune it right. You'll want an oil cooler and flush your tranny fluid every time you change your oil. It will be fine if you don't abuse the shit out of it.

Keep in mind, that whether you are installing an ebay turbo or a $3500 kit, it isn't an easy "bolt-on" Every single part of the kit has to be installed correctly and it needs to be tuned properly on the street and preferably on a dyno... or you will have a daily driver with nothing but headaches. Just something to keep in mind if you haven't done a turbo install before.

Also, eBay doesn't make anything.