Ebay Viper alarm?

Myteg

has anyone got a 2 way viper alarm from ebay before? i kno that some products from ebay isnt good so im not sure. only reason is cuz in best buy it cost $300 and on ebay its about $190 so thats a huge difference.
let me know cuz my teg needs a alarm system

Myteg

yea i looked at everything n it looked similar n on ebay it said its never been used

Myteg

another question is which viper alarm is the best one? cuz i see on thats 3002, 5002, 211hv

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I would get it from buy.com. Stay away from ebay for DEI alarms.

There really is no best. Each model offers more features than the last. And there's several kinds of remotes. http://www.viper.com/

Even the basic Viper 350 is a great alarm.

mikekh10a

has anyone got a 2 way viper alarm from ebay before? i kno that some products from ebay isnt good so im not sure. only reason is cuz in best buy it cost $300 and on ebay its about $190 so thats a huge difference.
let me know cuz my teg needs a alarm system
well, i got my clifford alarm from ebay before (same thing as Viper anyways, both from DEI), if its a powerseller that either ADMITS the thing is refurbished or something, then i think its good...but theres no real warranty, so do your research.

Stay away from ebay for DEI alarms.
ima have to disagree because of personal experience. i got the Clifford Matrix 12.5X for around $120 and got installed with the starter kill, 2 way alarm, 5 aux inputs etc.

Just had to find some legit dudes off of craigslist. i admit, one flaw is since theyre not certified installers, if they dont know what to do, you're out of luck...luckily my dudes figured out their problem in less then 10 minutes.

I guess i might have gotten lucky though..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If the alarm is made by DEI, what the hell difference does it make that it is being sold on Ebay? It's manufactured by DEI, not Ebay. If I buy a Samsung TV from KMart, does that make it a KMart TV?
Read the item description, make sure it says it's new, check that the seller is reputable, and I don't see a problem. Save yourself some money.

And yeah, DEI are #1 in alarms, remote starters.

killjoy

yeah stick with power sellers and you're fine. I've bought many off ebay with 0 issues.

If you're planning on getting a 2 way DEI alarm/RS please stay away from the new LC3/Responder LE series....DEI can say they've worked out all the issues on these all they want, With my experiences, I'll never own one.

The older SST series (in Viper, the 5900) and even its predecessor the Viper 791xv (both of these have Clifford and Python equivalents) were the best 2 way RS/alarms DEI ever produced for the money, IMO. The current 791xv in my wife's vehicle has been in 3 different cars and it still works flawlessly, its never failed to start when I told it to.