EBC vs Stoptech

droz

I am going to be needing brakes on my teggy front and rear soon, was looking at EBC green stuff pads with ultimax rotors front and rear. doing some searching I am not finding many ppl using EBC on the tegs but I am finding a good bit of ppl recommending stoptech.

personally I have run EBC on most of my vehicles and never had an issue but was wondering if anyone had any feedback since it seems stoptech or wildwood seem to be the brakes recommended most and what the vendors sell most

thanks!

Nick_C78

Ive used ebc yellows for track and they worked well. So I am sure the greens will be fine for street.

gsr_nikhil

What kind of rotors do you guys use/recommend for the street? Don't mean to thread jack but we're already on the subject ha

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
What kind of rotors do you guys use/recommend for the street? Don't mean to thread jack but we're already on the subject ha
Autozone blanks and Centric rotors on 2 other cars. I also use StopTech street performance brakes w/ Centric blanks. It has done a phenomenal job for the past 2 years for light and hard braking(jaywalkers, seriously). I don't track my car so I don't know well it performs on the track. Brake dust galore, but hey it does a damn fine job braking.

droz

no worries about the thread jack, nice to see some replies and curiosity lol, seems all the brake threads I was reading was old and I figured there had to be some updated info or feedback from users

looks like more research will need to be done though

gsr_nikhil

Well I have another brake question lol. I went on a 'joy ride' and now my brake pedal is mushy. Does that mean I just need to bleed them? Cuz my pads are still almost new looking

OLDSKOOLACURA

Well I have another brake question lol. I went on a 'joy ride' and now my brake pedal is mushy. Does that mean I just need to bleed them? Cuz my pads are still almost new looking
Yea I would give it a bleed, if that doesn't work than a master cylinder might be in your future, also check for leaks

Posted from my garage