ECU for a GS-R

jdmgsr04

my homeboi has a 97 civic ex and he just bought a GS-R motor me and him were wondering what ECU to use he was thinking about OBD 1 or OBD2 and i was thinking for him to get a ITR ECU but hes not sure it will work and he think you have to get ITR camshafts. is that true because i would like to clear it up some

Baldy201

Between OBD1 and OBD2 GSR ECU's there is no diffrence. As for the ITR ECU you dont have to get the Cams, but the ECU is set for those cams and may not feel to good with the diffrent IM and cams.

hyper98gsr

actually the obd 1 ecu has only 1 o2 sensor. plus it dosn't have alot of the silly check engine lights that the obd2 ecu has(ie. gas cap pressure) i recommend you get an obd 2 to obd1 wire conversion harness($100 on ebay) and find an obd1 p72(gsr 94-95) or an obd1 p28(92-95 ex vtec). those two are easily chipped and run the best out of all the ecus, even the itr.

DownShift96GSR

hyper98gsr said:
actually the obd 1 ecu has only 1 o2 sensor. plus it dosn't have alot of the silly check engine lights that the obd2 ecu has(ie. gas cap pressure) i recommend you get an obd 2 to obd1 wire conversion harness($100 on ebay) and find an obd1 p72(gsr 94-95) or an obd1 p28(92-95 ex vtec). those two are easily chipped and run the best out of all the ecus, even the itr.
Yeah buddy!! Stay with the P72 and later on down the road have hondata chip it for you.