ecu question

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
How would I go abouts to getting my p28 chipped? Or would I be better off buying one that's already chipped?

WAR 178

Premium User
go to a tuner shop....either a place that does dyno tuning, or a spot that sells aftermarket performance parts. they will be able to send you in the right direction. g/l

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
go to a tuner shop....either a place that does dyno tuning, or a spot that sells aftermarket performance parts. they will be able to send you in the right direction. g/l
not in most instances...alot of the shops that sell those parts just are totally clueless on everything

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
depends, are you just chipping it to have a basemap or are you dyno tuning it?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
phearable will do it for you but you buy the ecu from them. then you have to run chrome or something like that later. Or a hondata S300. Talk to your tuner and see what he can tune on

WAR 178

Premium User
not in most instances...alot of the shops that sell those parts just are totally clueless on everything
thats with those fly by night shops....Im not saying have them chip the ecu. they should have a good tuner they use "IF" they are a true perf. shop with mechanics working on track cars. they should be able to send him to a tuner for a base map. Yet in each state, i dont know the amount of real perf shops, many are popping up as distributors to make a quick $$$, but here in jersey there seems to be a shyt load now and growing every year....i can think of at least 6 diff shops that would be able to chip or send you to at least 4 diff dyno tune spots. a base came with the purchase of my P28, and was willing to hook up a few pulls on the dyno for cheap to see what the gsr was doing. Now the shops around here are doing dyno sessions for like $300-$350 for a tune during the winter.
but I will admit that there are a few spots that dont know their ass from an accelerator lmaooo

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Yeah your right blue. Phearable it is. I'd rather go with a company that's reputable. Plus their f&q's section was worth reading lol.