Edm front fogs

soccerfreakva

ill call the US honda first and ask them what they use for the foglight surrounds on all their cars. if they dont know about the ukdm teg fog light surrounds ill ask them about the ef9 fog light surround material. Then ill call Honda in europe to find out too. I just need to know what material it is, i know theres latex and urethane rubber, but i want to be 100% sure so my stuff doesnt come out like s***. And yeah, i know theyre discontinued, which is why as a 17 year old i dont have the money to buy oem ones, but, I do have the resources to make my own that will look identical to the real things. i probably wont have a final product til the summer though. i have to take my time and do things right

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Your 17?and going to call europe.. I hope you have free long distance, cause that's going to cost $,sense you say you can't save for the oem part,my suggestion would be take that $ your going to waste and call europe and save for the the real oem part. Your going to need that part anyways to reproduce the surrounds,haha Your talking about reproducing one of the rarest optional parts for teg ,(rarest being canada rear seats,500 ever made!) Its going to take some expensive machines,not some backyard specials project. ill help you out but not going to hold your hand threw process,or give you anymore info than what you could search online and find. Not going to tell you what kind of rubber they are made out of and I know the other ukdm front owners made a pack that we wouldnt reproduce the surrounds. That's all 12 in us and 1 in canada, so I'm speaking for the other owners when I say you have very high hopes, but it won't happen. And they won't help you out anymore than I already have. Already told them about your goal.. Don't waste your time calling us dealership either, they won't have any clue. Nor have the part # in their data system. they thought my front was aftermarket! Save your $, like coy said go big or go home!

Last edited:

00DC2TW

Your 17?and going to call europe.. I hope you have free long distance, cause that's going to cost $,sense you say you can't save for the oem part,my suggestion would be take that $ your going to waste and call europe and save for the the real oem part. Your going to need that part anyways to reproduce the surrounds,haha Your talking about reproducing one of the rarest optional parts for teg ,(rarest being canada rear seats,500 ever made!) Its going to take some expensive machines,not some backyard specials project. ill help you out but not going to hold your hand threw process,or give you anymore info than what you could search online and find. Not going to tell you what kind of rubber they are made out of and I know the other ukdm front owners made a pack that we wouldnt reproduce the surrounds. That's all 12 in us and 1 in canada, so I'm speaking for the other owners when I say you have very high hopes, but it won't happen. And they won't help you out anymore than I already have. Already told them about your goal.. Don't waste your time calling us dealership either, they won't have any clue. Nor have the part # in their data system. they thought my front was aftermarket! Save your $, like coy said go big or go home!
Yeah, would love to have a set of those back seats! lol last set I saw sold for $1600-$1700

soccerfreakva

Alright then, I won't call Europe. But eventually I'll find out what the material of the surrounds are and you'd really be surprised at the resources I do have. If this wasn't a somewhat possible idea, I wouldn't be pursuing it. It's not going to take me one week to make them either, there's going to be some trial and error and I hope to have them by summer. There's a lot of obstacles, but I'm willing to take the chance of failure to do something I want to do. Also how many sets of fogs did Honda make for the teg? I heard it was 300 on one of these forums.

Last edited:

built_ls

i hope this fog light thread doesn't end up like the "home-made halo" thread... with that said, good luck

Kinta94

i hope this fog light thread doesn't end up like the "home-made halo" thread... with that said, good luck
hahaha oh god. but good luck with your fogs looking to see how they turn out.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I'll just say say 1 out of 12 itr came with the option for the fogs,you can figure out the rest.. it you look hard enough maybe your find your own info and I dont half to give it all to you :p btw it took me 5yrs to source out a ukdm front, that was over 1yr ago. they are getting more popular over here cause UK found out how much they sell for over here. Just make a uk friend like I have ;)