egr passage way clogged

nemethjames1

im new to the forum. there is alot of good information on here. but im having troubles finding anything about a clogged egr passage way.

i need to get my car smogged. ive had it for 10 years and every other year i go to smog it, it has no problems. but the past couple times i had troubles with the egr valve not working. so i replaced it. and still its not working correctly. what i found was the passage way thru the manifold is clogged. so i took off the egr and ran a cable thru the passage way and put it back together and it worked fine for a little while. but now i cant unclog it.

does anyone know where the other end of the port goes? i take off the egr and blow air into the port and its cloged. i cant see where it ends. does it go into the head?

if anyone has any thoughts i would really appreciate it, thanks alot.

it is a 90 integra gs 4 door automatic

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
some of those had plugs in the manifold you have to pull and then run a wire down it and put new plugs in, its been to long for me so i really cant remember. sometimes a coat hanger and gum cutter eill get it clear

nemethjames1

i dont see any plate or plugs. but i was thinking about taking off the intake manifold and hope i could see the ports that are plugged? its my daily driver so it cant be down for long.

any other input would really help me out alot. thank you