Eibach, H&R, or Ground Control?

Stopsign32v

Well I need to lower the beast soon... I've pretty much made my mind up on Tokico 5 ways since I have had them before and liked them alot. But as far as springs, I have no idea and in general have no idea about springs. My car is a daily driver that will be carrying around sometimes a baby and if the wife is in a good mood, her too. So I want something stiff but still ride somewhat smooth.

From the reading I've done it seems the H&R sports wouldn't be a bad idea. I've had Eibach Prokit springs on a Mustang and liked them alot (also liked the H&R SS springs on a Mustang). Also I kept reading GC and Koni and after doing some searching found out GC means Ground Control. So I checked out their site and see they make some "coil over" budget setups. Now I know this isn't good for road course and auto-xing but I really do not plan to race my car on anything but a drag strip maybe or the interstate (in mexico). So how would these do for me?

They are cheap and will allow me to raise and lower my height as I want. Sounds like a win win to me! And no, $700+ real coil overs are out of the question. (and yes I know the shocks plus these cost that much).

Rich-PMS

Ground control FTW!

I got mine from a seller on eBay for 298 shipped :) I have not a single complaint about them at all, have about 3500 miles on them, a 7hr round trip drive, and daily/deliver pizza. Best bang for the buck!

Stopsign32v

Ground control FTW!

I got mine from a seller on eBay for 298 shipped :) I have not a single complaint about them at all, have about 3500 miles on them, a 7hr round trip drive, and daily/deliver pizza. Best bang for the buck!
What are your spring rates?

How does the car handle?

How does the car ride?

Coney

Spacely
ground control has the ability to change ride heights

Aznxtasy

He probably meant so it can suit most of your needs. Up when your daily'ing your car around, and lower if ur gonna do other things.

I guess my thing is I have the Koni Yellows+GC's and they ride pretty good for a daily driver. A little on the soft side with what they came with standard, but if u specify stiffer springs u can.

All in all if u just go default, you wont have to worry about it being DD, its a good compromise. Get stiffer set of springs later once the baby's more grown u know =P

heykosal

Angkorian
GC's if you need ride height adjustment. Just remember that with GC's adjusting the height also affects spring rate.

Rich-PMS

Car handles pretty good, ride is pretty smooth considering I'm 75% maxed on them :)

as for the spring rates I forget

here&there

In St. Louis, MO
Don't mix Baby + Baby Seats + Integra + Modifications.

Don't spend anymore money on your car that is not absolutely necessary.

Wether it's a 2dr or a 4dr, putting that 'rug rat' in the back car seat, is going to break your back.

Save your suspension upgrade money for a down payment, on a Honda Element.

72Spitfire

I have Tokico 5 ways and H&R sport springs. Sets low with enough travel to drive daily comfortably. No rubbing. Nice stiff suspension. Fun in the corners :)

JDMb20DC2

Don't mix Baby + Baby Seats + Integra + Modifications.

Don't spend anymore money on your car that is not absolutely necessary.

Wether it's a 2dr or a 4dr, putting that 'rug rat' in the back car seat, is going to break your back.

Save your suspension upgrade money for a down payment, on a Honda Element.
Lol i got my sons car seat in my car and he rides in it all the time, 2dr runnin open down pipe...nothing wrong...he likes it actually is he 1 and half

tgard

I have Tokico 5 ways and H&R sport springs. Sets low with enough travel to drive daily comfortably. No rubbing. Nice stiff suspension. Fun in the corners :)
I second this. I have H&R Sport Springs but with KYB AGX struts. From my experience, on the lower settings they are comfy for driving a baby around. The Tokico Illuminas are probably even better.

Stopsign32v

I second this. I have H&R Sport Springs but with KYB AGX struts. From my experience, on the lower settings they are comfy for driving a baby around. The Tokico Illuminas are probably even better.
If that is your car in your sig it looks like it sits very nicely! I'm just worried about with regular springs, the rear sitting higher than the front or something. I'd like my car to sit exactly like yours. I'm not much for the slammed to the ground thing.