eiznekeM's B17A1 Swap/Build Project

eiznekeM

So the stars aligned and the Car God's have bestowed upon me the holy grail of the second gens, the lovely b17a1. A 1992 GS-R had to get totaled for me to get such luck, which is unfortunate, but I'll take it. Picking up the whole car for $400. Not too shabby. I'll be pulling the b17 and pulling it apart, cleaning it up and replacing internals and then dropping it into a '91 RS I picked up for $100, blown headgasket. Pretty excited for this to all come together like this, I've been dreaming about having that engine since the day I found out it existed. Again, sucks GS-R had to die for it, I've always wanted a mint one. I drag the donor home on Friday and work will commence immediately. Bring on an awesome summer. I'll try to update as much as possible, so stayed tuned CI !

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Nice! Thats a good pick up. You should easily make your money back too if you part out the stuff you aren't using on g2ic or whereever.

eiznekeM

Charly[horse];1061834 said:
Nice! Thats a good pick up. You should easily make your money back too if you part out the stuff you aren't using on g2ic or whereever.
Maybe, I'm a hoarder when it comes to cars ha ha.

I know why you're excited ;). Dd the guy who bough yours blow it up yet?

you should see if you can get the DB2 fixed
I wish, unfortunately this darling of an automobile won't see the road ever again. Any unibody damage to our generation is usually the all-damning write off, and this car didn't fair well at all. T-boned a car, who ran a red, at 60 km'h. The front right tire is pushed back to the back of the well, and the monocoque on that side cracked and folded under it's self. It sucks, but the money that it would cost to get the car straight, let alone safe, would cost many times what rebuilding the B17 and finishing my project.

99TegLs

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!@!@#!@$#!@#$%#%^%#@ Did you see that on Craigslist? dam i was gunna jump on that. Gl with that b17 man, shine her up and make her roar.... Dam dam dam

eiznekeM

Nope, I'm all the way up in Alberta, Canada good sir. Craigslist is only big in Vancouver and Toronto in the GWN. I went on Kijiji looking for guitar stuff and took a peek at the Integra ads, seen it, and immediately had to have it.

Boxy

Nice pick! $500 and you got a new shell and a B17! Lucky you haha I'm subbing to see where this goes.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
You'r going to retrofit the B17 into your '99? I'd look at the B18c1 or B18c5 before the b17.
I both agree and disagree with this statement.

I agree due to my thoughts on this motor only being put into the da9/db1/db2 chassis'. It feels so wrong to place in any other car.

I disagree because I like the b17 more than the other motors listed due to its r/s ratio allowing higher revs. High revs=mmmmmm