Electrical issue; no idea, just need a place to start looking

atomic_peach

Long story short, my battery died and has been replaced and the alternator is only 2 years old, but my car has electrical issues like the radio restarting itself and the headlights strobing (not just flickering). Details follow...

About 3 weeks ago my alternator pulley bolt/nut came loose and caused some unnecessary worry. I towed it home and re-tightened the nut/bolt. About a week or two ago, I started having electrical problems, as if my battery was dying. It started with my radio (Kenwood 994X) randomly restarting itself (lost power, but then started back up). I noticed it would do this anytime I dropped to 2k rpm or if I engaged the brakes (the lights). I figured it was the battery because the car still ran fine (no idle issues) and sure enough it died that night and I had to get it jumped to get back home. I replaced the 8 year old Die Hard battery with a new Interstate one and the problems disappeared.

Starting yesterday morning, the radio began restarting itself again. The same exact way/time, too. On my way to work (at night), my headlights acted more like a strobe than just flickering (radio off, too). Nothing is noticeable inside the car other than the radio and the car runs perfectly fine. I figured maybe the alternator crapped out, so I headed to a friend's to use his multimeter. We tested the voltage across the battery while running (13.4V) and off (12.6ish V).

I am lost as to what is causing this issue. My only two thoughts are the valve cover ground cable (has full continuity but is corroding), the alternator (when the bolt came loose it tore it apart from within), or the alt. harness (the green harness has white build up in the plugs). Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look for what is wrong? Could the alt provide enough voltage but not amperage (didn't test amps)? Any/all help is HUGELY appreciated!

Other info:
95 RS Sedan (DB7)
Only upgrades are the head unit, some LEDs in the dome and trunk, and a diy icebox.

atomic_peach

Well I just installed a 2 gauge wire in place of the valve cover ground. I managed to slightly strip one of the bolts (oops) but I'll switch it out when I replace the cam seal soon. I plan to get it tested at autozone soon.

I am truly lost as to where else to look. Does anyone have any recommendations?