electrical issues?? help

raisinbran

well as some people do often i left my lights on one day and drained my battery. after jumping it, my car started to crap out. with headlights on, there are no dash lights, stereo or clock, and it feels like power to the ign coil is cut, it spudders up to speed really baddly, without headlights, itl drive well, but it kicks in again when i roll a window down or turn on the radio. replaced the battery, changed nothing, tested the alternator, came out good amperage and volts were fine. regulator is good. any direction of where i should start lookin for a short or bad relay would be greatly appreciated.

shot-out

There are harnesses for numerous components and those harnesses have a chassis ground. Low amperage through a circuit can cause damage to components. It sounds like something was not a ground when you "jumped" your battery and this probably over loaded wires, sensors, relays, fuses and even the ECU, (causing radical engine fluctuations or bad timing). I would check every fuse under your dash on driver side, i know its tedious but trust me you don't want to tear into a wire harness (like the one that powers your clock, radio, dash lights, etc..) unless its the last resort. BTW what year is ur ride? I just downloaded a complete 98-2001 Helms manual for free and this has several trouble shooting guides and is very detailed. Trace, trace, trace and buy a 12v test light (voltmeter/OHMmeter). I am troubleshooting my left front parking/directional lights and have stumbled across a lot of info on the wiring to our Integras. sorry about the long reply, but there is so much not covered. DON'T GIVE UP!! I have given one time and the mechanic i took it to went under the dash messed with a few wires and changed a relay and in 20 minutes ($150.00 later) it was fixed. And I know he fixed something I just overlooked.

raisinbran

yeah.. the guy i bought it from apparently has tore into a few of the harnesses, let me know if you see anything that stands out. and its a 91 integra ls

Last edited:

raisinbran

inside and under the dash

for the radiator cooling fan