electrical mayhem

sullentemper

Apparently there are 2 door sensors that tell the car to beep. I disabled one from making noise (opening the plastic cover and removing the metal pieces). I can only assume the other one is near the steering column as well, but am not having luck. I am curious as to whether or not there are wiring diagrams accessible online so I can disable this.

If it worked properly, I would not care. But this sensor does not seem to care if the door is open or not, come on randomly with fast or slow beeping. Occasionally sounds less like a beep and more like a dying animal.. needless to say, it is driving me crazy. I wish to permanently disable its ability to make sound.

I have put about 600 miles on this car since purchase roughly 7 months ago due to someone's lame attempt at a motor swap. There are many wiring issues, and I can only imagine these are due to someone working on the car who did not have the knowledge to due so.

mirrorimg

Would you rather try to fix the issue rather than cut the signals?

Im sure there is a usable wiring diagram that shows the wires leading to the sensors. It is probably a bad ground telling the alarms that the door has not been shut, or the door switch being bad.

The noise goes off because the door switch is not closing. Maybe its a bad switch? Depending on what type of switch it is, momentary open or momentary closed, you need to keep it in the position it is when the door is closed when cutting it out. So you could cut the switch out, and crimp the two ends together (if its momentary closed), or leave them unconnected if its momentary open.

sullentemper

It does not seem to matter whether or not the door is open or not. I have driven miles with the door ajar to have it go off or had it completely closed to have it go off. I have had it make noise for an entire 15 mile trip only to have it not make a sound for 5 miles and then beep incessantly. The conditions are not changing. Since I can't figure out a pattern, I just want the beeping to cease functioning all together. The light on my dash that shows whether or not the door is open works just fine. The beeping does not coincide with the light. Oddly enough though, this started when the first sensor was disconnected. I actually thought it wasn't taped up and was hitting things. I removed the steering column plastic and pushed the little plastic button which made the sound happen. Then I ceased its functionality by removing the metal tabs. 2 miles later, the noise started again. =\

LittleB10

possibly be wired in with the seat belt chime? that is located lower passenger side by the door. unplug it to take away the chime. i don't know if that will help but good luck man.