electrical problems

dadio

My son got a 90 Imtegra and the power windows didn't work. When we checked it out the harness didn't have power to the door for them. Got a harness chunk from dealer and got the windows working. put everthing back together and now it won't start. We took the wires from the plug one by one and took them from the old plugs and replaced with wire from junkyard hacked section (double checked by verifying color codes for wire).

Electrical is my week point but I'm not a dummy and he just graduated from Wyotech for automotive but it's got us both stumped. After putting everything back together the oil pressure, mil and charge lights didn't go through the startup check and we thought it might be since they didn't the ecu won't kick in. When we pulled the instrument cluste and checked for power at the plug coming in there is power at both wires coming in for charge light, and oil light but not for the mil (key 0n) but nothing with key off. If you see something I obviously missed please let me know.

After going over the wiring diagram for the nth time I'm feeling pretty stupid since I don't see where we screwed up. Two things that are bothering me are why are both wires to charge light hot and mil never hot. The way I understood it was electricty had to have a path to run (like water).

If you are a electrical guru or see what I've missed please help me out. My son is supposed to be going to Denver next week to Job hunt and stay with his little brother who's going to school there.

Thanks