End of the road

RS01

My son's 90 RS took a solid hit today from a Jeep Liberty that was doing a u-turn in front of him. She didn't see him and kept on going resulting in the damage shown. All the work installing a new motor/clutch/exhaust/starter/alternator/tires is now for naught since there is no way this thing can be fixed for a reasonable amount. I'm thinking of parting it out since I'm sure it's worth more than what the insurance will be willing to pay. That rear piece of glass is still intact and I know that is worth something besides everything else.

My son is unhurt but he is not happy. He liked his DA a lot.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad your son is okay!

And I agree with Ganyon. Get a decent shell with little to no rust and swap most parts from the crashed DA to it. Good luck!

Sent from my phone

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Glad he's okay! I agree with Mike and Ganyon, it would just be easier to swap over to a clean shell

RS01

I am going to have to check into that. Not sure how many shells are available in the midwest but it's worth a look.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I'm in Kansas CIty and it's tough to find anything for my DC local. I've seen some DAs on craigslist around me

Twriddles

its agood thing he didn't get hurt, cars can alwawys be replaced and it really just depends on where you look. You might get lucky and find one in a salvage yard, but good luck finding one with no rust here in the midwest though, its hard enough to keep rust off cars as it is.

RS01

Extensive searching on fleabay and Craigslist is showing a pattern. I have found one that is about 5 hours away in decent shape and another that wouldn't take much work that is also 5+ hours away and would need to be trailered. Just waiting for their insurance company to get the police report (cop said my son was not at fault) and see what we are working with.

1992tegsedan

Extensive searching on fleabay and Craigslist is showing a pattern. I have found one that is about 5 hours away in decent shape and another that wouldn't take much work that is also 5+ hours away and would need to be trailered. Just waiting for their insurance company to get the police report (cop said my son was not at fault) and see what we are working with.
one thing to consider as well after the insurance pays out if they do you can always ask the courts for restitution for damages. Go to the most expensive place you know getta quote and turn it into the courts and they will give her a time frame to pay and if she donest pay then she can go to jail.

just another option to consider

had a guy pull a hit and run on me after his insurance paid for my damages i went after him for restitution because the insurance didnt give me crap for damages only gave me 1,000. I managed to get 3500 from the courts in 90 days.

RS01

The insurance company was fair and took into consideration what we have done with it. We are buying it back and my son said he wants to drive it through the winter and then start looking in the spring for his next car. This experience has changed him a little and I'm not really sure what he will do ( I don't think he knows either).

This car has exceeded my expectations as a learning experience for him though.