endo617: 98 Ej6 Project: Balanced Form

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Ok. Thanks!

How much more do you have plan to do to the car ?
I still need to install my LSD and figure out why after I installed my k member and rigid collars I'm hearing a strange knocking sound when I hit bumps in the road.2 months now and can't narrow it down, probably this weekend I'm going to drop the k member and see what went wrong.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Hopefully it isn't anything terrible. Maybe it's something stupid easy and you overlooked it.
Found the problem, probably my fault but rigid collar wasn't seated properly. Noise from the subframe is gone right now.

Autox the civic finally, I didn't do bad. The staggered set-up was awesome combined with my new camber, front sway bar and integra pinion. Felt sort of point and shoot, has nice lift off oversteer and enough traction to recover quickly.

Right now I have 5mm spacers because the wheels hit the spindle if I didn't. Going with a 10mm spacer, ARP studs and extended lug nuts.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Nice! Did you get any videos from AutoX?
I don't, too cheap to get a GoPro, more car parts

Glad you able to figure out what was making the noise.
Thanks bro, I still have some weird noise but it doesn't sound as bad.

Did you kill Kenny?
Naw, lol. But it was wrecked by the end of the day

I signed up for my first track day, LSD going in soon, and a few other parts. :twisted:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Bought this awesome shelf on Ebay for $60. Helped with cleaning out my hatchback out to get the interior in and running.

I finally got around to prepping the LSD for this weekend.

I have so many spare parts it's scary

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Today weather was amazing, took full advantage. I FINALLY found my noise coming from the front end when I hit bumps. I used a 96 Cvic CX front K member and reused my 98 CIvic LX rack and pinion. Seems that the 96 rack diameter is bigger than the 98, so the rack bushing had slight play in it.

Transmission came out easy

Clean and ready

Mfactory LSD mated to it's new home

Sealed and ready to go with Honda Bond and getting filled with Honda MTF.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Bought a used Wilwood 4 piston kit from Ebay for short money

The catch is i need to downgrade to civic spindles but like my boy said to me, im not doing endurance racing. If I need the bearings replaced I have time. Ill be installing next year, this was a test fit only

Bought new pads and pad retainers

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
My track day is this Sunday, but I started collecting for next year, pick these up for the low and super clean and 8-10k miles on them. Need to change the rates but waiting for my track day to decided is to stay the same or change them. Started talking to a legitimate shop called RaceTek to rebuild my engine block, hopefully the car performance the way I've envisioned when I first taught of racing it.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
After 3 years of Autocross I finally attended my first track event. I was a simple transition because the way the course is you don't need to really shift. I topped 3rd on one straight but wasn't really worth shifting because there was a chicane right after. Took little time to learn that using the whole track in some areas very was beneficial. Can't wait to start attending other tracks in my area.

[YOUTUBE="Canaan Motor Club MassTuning Trackfest 11/6/16"]wrVqds7J-Ek[/YOUTUBE]

Waiting for a point by from a miata, they kicked a bunch a mud on my windshield.

Getting ready for winter mode

R1R's are all put away for next year.

Last edited: