Energy Suspension full bushing set any good?

1994 Integra

i want to order this. due to my car havin 239000 on all the stock bushings. ( I know this due to my aunt buying the car brand new.) so everythings a little worn out. Has anybody used these?

krisx13

Schweet.
i want to order this. due to my car havin 239000 on all the stock bushings. ( I know this due to my aunt buying the car brand new.) so everythings a little worn out. Has anybody used these?
i don't have the full kit but i did order lca bushings, so far so good

01TegLuv

its hard if your control arm bolts are rusted or if you heat them up to take them out and the bushing gets messed up.

I also would like to know if energy suspension is good since i have knew kyb shocks and reused the stock bushings and bumpstops.

k20wagon

Energy makes real good bushings, I have a couple on my ep and gonna put them on my teg when I get a chance.

Prozon

Kris
That would be one long ass write up. Basically it's a matter of removing all the parts and pressing the bushings out. It's not difficult, but you should own a press while doing this.. I started out with a hammer and two bushings in I thought.. "Wow, why the FUCK am I not using the press?" lol.

Remove all the parts you have bushings for, press out bushings, install new bushings. Like I said- easy if you have a press, very very very time consuming.

Good kit, good bushings.

72Spitfire

I did my entire suspension two years ago. It's a massive undertaking to do it right. I must warn you. Well worth the effort when your finished. Your car will be better than it ever was new new. Very crisp and precise. The most important suspension upgrade in my opinion. Bushing flex causes erratic handling.

I did a thread on it below. It's not a how-to necessarily, but should help you. Remember that to do it right, you will need the Energy suspension master set, the two large rear trailing arm bushings (sold separately), new front upper A arms, and new ball joints. (I recommend MOOG). You may also consider replacing the front wheel bearings since it's high mileage and you have it apart already.

Link to bushing install.....
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=51090

72Spitfire

As one of the above posters said, it's very, very, very time consuming if you do it proper. You kinda figure it out as you reverse engineer it. I could do another much faster as I have experience now know the tricks to make it go quicker. If you plan on keeping your car for a long time, I recommend it. If not, don't waste the week it's gonna take to do each end. Get a buddy or two to help you. Buy them some pizza and get busy :)

Most important tip!! Buy 2 cans of PB Blaster and SOAK EVERY SINGLE NUT AND BOLT every day for two weeks before you do the project. Suspension bolts see all the worst of the elements. Many will be very rusted and frozen. They are also very hard structurally because of their job performed. If you snap one, you got problems. They are $14 each at Acura.I spent an entire day, ruined 4 expensive drill bits and had a very sore arm removing one. Do not make my mistake. Trust me on this one.

1994 Integra

Thanks for all of your input guys. I did notice the trailing arm bushings were seperate. I realize this is a time consuming job. But i do have a car lift and will be ordering a kit within the next month. along with trailing arm bushings. Can i get ones like this?
without that steel peice. $35.00 or do Ihave to get one with that bracket?
$110.00 D: