engine hesitation/misfires.. PLEASE HELP

93turboteg

alright so everything was fine and dandy until yesterday, i did a couple strong pulls on the highway on my way home to michigan and it pulled good and fine, but ever since that ive noticed that upon slight acceleration and when trying to keep a constant speed im getting bucking, like engine hesitation/misfiring from like 2500 to 4000 rpm, and if i give it a bit more gas itll completely go away (from what i notice).. my first thought is vacuum/boost leak, but outruled that seeing as it goes away (i think) when i give it boost and it idles fine, and there is nothing visible/audible from the engine bay...

then it could be spark plugs but if one or multiple plugs were bad, wouldnt it happen at idle and any acceleration? which is the same for the spark plug wires i would assume...

if im wrong someone please correct me or someone lead me to the right direction!

93turboteg

bump/update...

even tho no CEL was illuminated, i decided to jump it and check anyways and im getting 7 short blinks each time... so code 7 is TPS, throttle position sensor..

a couple questions...

1. why didnt a CEL illuminate?

2. does this mean i need a new sensor?

3. would this cause my hesitations problem?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
It could be your tune. Maybe partial throttle at the those RPMs wasn't taken care of properly. What's you AFR when this is happening?

93turboteg

if it was my tune, wouldnt it have happened before yesterday? it randomly just started happening...

and pulling my AFR off of my turbo timer im pretty sure it was around 12 when giving it partial throttle and high 13s - low 14s when trying to hold constant speed...

im running real rich so the numbers arent ideal, but they are the same as before this started happening... another teg on team-integra has the same exact issue/same code as me but with a comptely different setup, basically a stock GSR with intake and header...

i also read symptoms of bad TPS and its identical to what im having, well most of them...

so either im gonna dremel a slot and take out the two oem screws and get a new TPS, or just man up and upgrade to a skunk2 70mm TB... but i wanna see if anyone has had this CEL before and if they fixed it just to double check

oodie

It sounds like tps to me also but i dont know why your check engine light did not come on.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
try a full tune up and see how it goes... if your plugs arent cold enough then they might have fouled...