engine light problem

moses integra

my engine light came on and the owners manual said it had to do with emissions but what would cause it to come up and how can i fix it? appriciate your help :D

jdean41

i agree with mattness. Its probably an o2 sensor, check and c what exactly the code is, but its most likely an o2. thats the biggest common problem as far as emissions goes.

moses integra

i cant pull the code with a scan tool since it doesnt have the port for it, i think they only made that port for after 95. and your probably right about the o2 sensor but how do i get it out? its usually stuck to the exhaust head manifold

i cant pull the code with a scan tool since it doesnt have the port for it, i think they only made that port for after 95. and your probably right about the o2 sensor but how do i get it out? its usually stuck to the exhaust head manifold
Jump the clip, turn the key to ON, watch the blinking light.

jdean41

Jump the clip, turn the key to ON, watch the blinking light.
exactly, thats how you tell the code. O2s are easy to change, im not sure exactly where they are at on the DAs but ive changed one on an SI hatch, and im pretty sure they are in the same spot. The Si was right behind the cat.