Engine misfires after changing spark plugs...

wildcrafter

...on my '94 GSR, but this occurs only at lower RPMs and runs beatifully in the high range, idles great, no knock or ping that I can detect using 87 or 91 grade fuel. Ok, so I guess the easy answer is put the old plugs back in or get different plugs. I thought getting the Bosch Platinum Fusion IRs would be an upgrade and if it weren't for the misfires in the low range I'd say they are but unless I can correct the problem I'm going to have to go with something else. Is it possible that I might need to check and correct the ignition timing when changing to this type of plug? Perhaps if I replace the other ignition components that'll help as well. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance :thumbs up

97GSRVTEC

Which kind of plugs did you put in? And did you set the gap? Make sure the plug wires are pushed all the way on the plugs and you didn't switch up the wires on accident.

wildcrafter

All the connections are good and firing order is correct. There is no gap to set on the Bosch plugs as they're the 4 prong type that are not adjustable. They had good reviews when used on some Hondas but my teg doesn't seem to like em much.

97GSRVTEC

Id get NGK Iridiums. Thats what I am running and they seem to get really good spark. Plus hondas and acuras reccommend NGK's.

Get OEM NGK plugs. They come pregapped, so don't screw with 'em. Replace the Bosch plugs. New NGK wires wouldn't kill you if you don't already have some too, neither would a fresh cap and rotor. Make sure the firing order is correct as well.

Rich-PMS

Just got NKG plugs from rockauto.com 6$ shipped!

And you need to gap them to .44

mirrorimg

You may have cracked the insulator on the spark plugs while installing, and the car is misfiring. You dont notice it in the upper RPMs because of the faster cycles of the engine. It is probably a lot more noticeable at idle.