Engine Misses after it's warmed up?!?!? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

BrockB20

Ok. I've got a 95 GSR w/ LS-Vtec and all the sudden it started running like shit out of nowhere. I was driving it all day w/ no problems, but I stopped at the store and when I went back out and left the car started missing. It has a major loss of power, it's got almost a "loping" sound like I have some extreme camshafts. The crazy thing is that when I go out and fire it up after it's been sitting for a few hours or over night, it runs fine until it warms up. New distributor, rotor, plugs, wires, ground, and all my fuses are good. It's gotta be a sensor and I know it's not the primary or secondary O2 sensor because I don't have them. HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Sounds like you have a blown head gasket. My car did the same. New HG=fixed. May as well get Cometic. You can check the code it's spitting out. There are articles on here and on the internet telling you how to do that. It will probably tell you "random misfire in cylinder ____"

Thats what I suggest at least.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
do u have a check engine light on? if a sensor is bad than that will tell you which one is bad.

TheSylntChamber

Sounds like you have a blown head gasket. My car did the same. New HG=fixed. May as well get Cometic. You can check the code it's spitting out. There are articles on here and on the internet telling you how to do that. It will probably tell you "random misfire in cylinder ____"

Thats what I suggest at least.
So by your reasoning a head gasket magically seals itself when the motor is cool and breaks again once warm?

Def sounds like a sensor since it isn't doing it until the car reaches operating temp.

Viet-Speed

Take your plugs out and check them. I had the same problem but it happens right as i start the car. I suddenly ran extremely rich then my plugs fouled up and cylinder 3 plug head is now shattered inside my block. :evil:

esco115

Fawk a Title!
Check your plugs, is ur car tuned? if so are u putting cheap gas? If ur plugs are charcoal black and they are new then u need ur shit tuned ASAP and running really rich... I had the same shit on my car built bottom and I happen to switch ECU's and on the way to getting it tuned and ran it with B.S fuel I ended up detonating the motor... get look at asap...

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
So by your reasoning a head gasket magically seals itself when the motor is cool and breaks again once warm?
So I guess you're saying my car is magic because the exact same thing happened to my car and it turned out to be the head gasket? We're all here to try and help each other out. One's input is just that, input. You don't have to call someone out if you think they are wrong. I'm sure there is trash talking threads on other forums if you want to do that.

TheSylntChamber

So I guess you're saying my car is magic because the exact same thing happened to my car and it turned out to be the head gasket? We're all here to try and help each other out. One's input is just that, input. You don't have to call someone out if you think they are wrong. I'm sure there is trash talking threads on other forums if you want to do that.
You may think it is. If a head gasket is blown it will have the symptoms at start-up too. I've had a couple of blown head gaskets and know from personal experience. If you burned off a large amount of the fluid in the jacket and then later started it up it could possibly present those symptoms, but you should have other symptoms as well that indicate a blown head gasket. I'm a natural smart-ass so you'll have to forgive me it was nothing personal. I was simply offering my opinion which often comes off the wrong way.

BrockB20

I've replaced the MAP and TPS sensors. Now instead of running like shit once it's warmed up, it starts as soon as I turn the engine over. It is running rich and the new plugs are black as hell. Originally the motor was boosted up until about 2 mos. ago when I returned it to NA status but it's ran great until now. I'm thinking of swapping out the Hondata ecu for a stock P28 unit and checking the timing to make sure it didn't jump time somehow. It's got not only myself stumped, but my father who has 30+ years of experience in everything from your basic engine to aircraft engines.

shady1580

iave the same problm i changed my o2 sensor my fuel pump and filter and plugs my distributor and idle control valve. no check engine light.