engine mount troubles

95lsct

hey everyone thanls for looking i have some problems with my ls teg my mounts are thrashed i guess it cant handle the power from my full length exhaust and a couple other upgrades but to the question. i am going to order a set of avid mounts but the questions i have are making me think twice before doing so. 1. i need to figure out what part number i should get for my 95 ls with hydrolic clutch and manual chassis and what mounts does the kit have? and 2. should i get the avid engine torque mount set also? or does it come with the kit? Please help its starting to mess up my exhaust and making my axles go out of alignment

Last edited:

95lsct

sorry but i did a search and everything ive been looking all over for some answers and cant find one so i hope you guys will help me :D

First off, your motor isn't making so much power the stock mounts can't handle it. The mounts are just 15 years old and have worn out.
Second, I would spend my money on Hasoport mounts if I were to buy aftermarket, but you don't need them. You will be fine with some stock replacements.

95lsct

its not me driving it tho is the thing. personally i would go hasport but the persons car it is isnt a very good 5spd driver and tends to decell and accel really hard so all i wanted to know is the part number for the avid mounts and if i should get the torque dampers with the mount kit but thank you for your thoughts

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
i guess it cant handle the power from my full length exhaust and a couple other things
LOL. I'm pretty sure that the engine mounts didn't even notice a difference in the 5 hp you get from intake and exhaust. They're rubber and they just naturally go bad.

I suggest you replace the engine mounts with new OEM or with urethane inserts. Aftermarket mounts are meant for racing and will cause your car to vibrate very badly. Most people hate their daily drivers afterward.

LOL. I'm pretty sure that the engine mounts didn't even notice a difference in the 5 hp you get from intake and exhaust. They're rubber and they just naturally go bad.

I suggest you replace the engine mounts with new OEM or with urethane inserts. Aftermarket mounts are meant for racing and will cause your car to vibrate very badly. Most people hate their daily drivers afterward.
That's what I tried telling him above:lol:

Spody02

Name: Cody
i put fresh oil in my stock car and broke 3 motor mounts... fresh oil makes my car hella fast!!!

anyways... just look on craigslist for a good set of oem mount motors. if you need us to look up the part number, this is kinda of telling me you dont know alot about cars and i wouldnt try to replace them yourself. also have you checked to see if they are just loose?

You're recommending Hasport mounts and I'm strongly recommending AGAINST them unless his car is purely for track. Just a small detail I guess.
No, I said that he should just get OEM mounts, but IF he bought aftermarket mounts to go with Hasport.

I totally agree with you, for a daily driven car, OEM mounts are what you want(99% of the time).

wite2nr

whats wrong with hasport/avid/aftermarket mounts for a DD car? just because they make it more solid and "uncomfortable"? well if that's the case, then why would you lower your car, since that makes the ride less comfortable right....

anyways the part number for the avid mounts you need is AC.MM.004DC

the kit comes with the 3 engine mounts - driver side/rear/trans

and you will be fine with just the 3 solid mounts. really, all you probably need is the rear mount, since that is the one that takes all the stress from launching and harsh driving. a set of energy suspension poly inserts will accomplish the same thing for cheaper. plus, since they utilize the OEM mounts you wont have as much vibration, but will still get the benefits of less flex under load. lastly, I'm not sure if avid has options but I know hasport makes different "levels" of urethane for their mounts, from a softer "street" up to full "race"

Last edited:

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
whats wrong with hasport/avid/aftermarket mounts for a DD car? just because they make it more solid and "uncomfortable"? well if that's the case, then why would you lower your car, since that makes the ride less comfortable right....
Exactly. Why would you slam your daily driver and install racing spring rates? Makes your car unsafe and uncomfortable.

Do you have solid mounts on your daily driver? Pics?

95lsct

anyways the part number for the avid mounts you need is AC.MM.004DC

the kit comes with the 3 engine mounts - driver side/rear/trans

and you will be fine with just the 3 solid mounts. really, all you probably need is the rear mount, since that is the one that takes all the stress from launching and harsh driving. a set of energy suspension poly inserts will accomplish the same thing for cheaper. plus, since they utilize the OEM mounts you wont have as much vibration, but will still get the benefits of less flex under load. lastly, I'm not sure if avid has options but I know hasport makes different "levels" of urethane for their mounts, from a softer "street" up to full "race"
ty, wite2nr thats all the information i was looking for to be honest. theres alot of opinions on this subject and alot of em went off topic but you spoke exactly what i needed to know. I didn't want o do this insted or do that and thats all i got until you wrote your reply. thanks alot.