engine pieces to remove.

emd513

theres a canaster thats hooked to the front of the motor left of my header. what is it and can i remove it with out having to modifie anything and theres looks to be one on the back side of the motor to. any other thing i can eliminate that doesnt have to be modified. links would be perfect if anyone has them

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
if you're thinking radiator reservoir (white/clear plastic container with tube at the top), you need that. theres 2 behind the motor that you speak of. either the fuel filter (needed) or the charcoal canister (needed)

pics would be best and circle what you're speaking of.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
power steering
cruise control
oh and your transmission that shit robs hella horsepower anyways AHAHA jk

emd513

im not talking about the coolant resevoir. its the one under your battery and i just realized it has brake lines run to it and im guessing that is part of the abs system, the other is right side of the fuel filter on the firewall. im just trying to clean out the bull shit that you really dont need that cluster fucks the engine bay. also trying to do just the stuff that want take alot of money. yes i have already pulled the power steering out and going to ripp out the ac and hoses nto clean that up. oh and im really thinking about pulling that thing you talk about the transmission out i heard the same thing about it robbing you of power you would think they wouldnt put something like that in there being that heavy on the car. do you have any info on how to get rid of that to.

emd513

and for the people that read this im just kidding about the trans for the ones that dont get that

sportsma1539

If you are talking about the charcoal canister, yes it can be removed. You have to plug the holes up where the hoses were.

ilovejdmtegs

db1 b18 318HP
if it looks black or grey and has a hose on top n bottom and hooks to the fire wall on the passenger side its a secondary air tank and it can b taken off like the other guy said n yes u HAVE to fill the holes

emd513

do i just need to throw a plug in them and that will work.or does it have to be something special. i was going to keep the ac but it hasnt worked since i got it so im still thinking about either fixing it or removing. kinda want to keep since i have a little girl. also i read a forum on how to delete the abs but it was for the third gens, the were talking about getting a rs brake booster and master cylinder and front lines off an rs is that still the same for ours.

heritage36

I have been working to do the same stuff, remove a lot from my engine bay and clean it up a little. That part you mentioned at first is part of the ABS, and you would want to remove that and the modulator assembly at the same time if you did it and replace it with a 40/40 proportioning valve and the appropriate lines. I just got the kit with the prop valve and the lines for around $150 shipped, I could give you the guys info if you want it PM me. I also have removed my A/C since I never use it anyways and getting all those lines and the compressor makes a big difference. I am considering removing the PS, but I am curious how tough the steering would be. I am also going to relocate my battery to the trunk most likely, and between all that stuff you clear up a ton of space. You could also relocate the fuse box by the strut tower on the passenger side which I may do so I can install my mugen strut bar.