Engine problem

BankiBoi

Not sure how common or uncommon this is but I just replaced my head gasket and a bent valve did the adjustment to them, torqued to OEM specs and now some of my valves arent getting oil and its starting to mix. Any idea why?

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

BankiBoi

Thinking that but its new and all the rockers get oil but the driver side

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
You sure you put the gasket on the right way? And all the can caps? I bet you got one of the can caps on wrong or a couple mixed up.

94rs-gharp

yeah just cuz its new doesnt mean a thing it could have been tourqed im properly with an inaccurate wrench whic would cause the mixing or its on backwards

BankiBoi

I put it on upside down then took it back off. I used a torque wrench no half ass.

I guess I'm double check it all get another gasket and see wtf is up

94rs-gharp

well the thing with the wrench was how often since it was last calibrated? I am not saying your dumb or any thing or you dont know what your doing just laying the possibilities out there

BankiBoi

well the thing with the wrench was how often since it was last calibrated? I am not saying your dumb or any thing or you dont know what your doing just laying the possibilities out there
Not sure but it was a bitch taking them off from the last torque so with my strength ill assume its working properly. I'm try compression test today see what that says

94rs-gharp

Not sure but it was a b**** taking them off from the last torque so with my strength ill assume its working properly. I'm try compression test today see what that says

see you cant assume that its right. it very well could be right but if its off a couple pounds you wont know the difference and those few lbs make a difference

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Woah woah woah...hold the phone. Did you torque it when you had it on wrong, then take it off, fix it and retorque? You can't do that, you'll need a new gasket, even if it was just torqued and never run.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You sure you put the gasket on the right way? And all the can caps? I bet you got one of the can caps on wrong or a couple mixed up.
you cant put the gasket on backwards. If you do yeah... you would know something is wrong lol. it doesnt cover an oil passage and the oil just shoots out like BAM! found out the hard way ...

Woah woah woah...hold the phone. Did you torque it when you had it on wrong, then take it off, fix it and retorque? You can't do that, you'll need a new gasket, even if it was just torqued and never run.
correct

BankiBoi

i had it upside down somehow in between trying to clean it off and put the head back on with the stupid intake in the way so yeah i assume you guys are right and ill spend another 3 hrs changing out the damn gasket again to see if that fixes it.

when i did have it on wrong that part that sticks out on the passenger side was on the driver side and oil did shoot out and mix all kinds of bs.

BankiBoi

I figured since I never ran it and its mint I'm good but no apparently I can't Get oil in cylinder one! Idk what's the issue if its the gasket cool if not then I'm out of ideas

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
what do you mean you cant get oil in cyl 1. And once the head gasket is torqued its done once its untorqued you ened a new one