Engine question for my 93 DA...

Exige24

So about 5-6 years ago I had my engine replaced with a Japanese import after the original locked up because of running it with no oil(not me, was sharing it at the time with a family member) Now I originally thought they just got another engine like mine from Japan, but I'm not too sure.

On it's stamp plate it says B18B. Is that the engine that went into a 93? If not what year's it from and what are the differences from the original stock in my 93? Not to much grease monkey stuff in my blood.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
The b18a1 came stock in the 90-93 integras except for the 92-93 GSR which was a b17.

The b18b which you have now is stock in the 94-01 integras (RS, LS, GS, SE). It is OBD1.

The difference between the b18a1 and the b18b1 is about 10hp, OBD-1. The b18b1 flows better creating more power. Your engine is also excellent for Forced Induction, providing it's healthy.

Exige24

The b18a1 came stock in the 90-93 integras except for the 92-93 GSR which was a b17.

The b18b which you have now is stock in the 94-01 integras (RS, LS, GS, SE). It is OBD1.

The difference between the b18a1 and the b18b1 is about 10hp, OBD-1. The b18b1 flows better creating more power. Your engine is also excellent for Forced Induction, providing it's healthy.
It's a JDM engine and the guy told me it was supposed to have 30,000 or less on it, but you never know. Wonder if there's a way to tell what year it was made. Seems pretty zippy still. Thanks for the info. I'll be looking into some turbo kits now. :lol:

Prozon

Kris
The B18a1 is pretty much identical to the B18b1, the only difference is the slightly better flowing head. Pretty much everything Bambino said.