Engine randomly died

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
So when I was on my way home from work I pulled up to a light, and without any sort of warning my car died. It sputtered for a split second and just died. It fired right back up but was running like sh*t until I took off. When I pulled up to the next light it was running and idling like nothing happened. Mind=blown.

Nick_C78

When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? Also when is the last itme you gave your car a full tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor)?

Its a honduh

Yeah i was gunna say dizzy or fuel filter, spark and fuel lol

Sent from tapataalllkk

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
It could definitely use a tune up that's for damn sure. When I got home I pulled my fuel filter to look at it and all this black sh*t came out so I'm sure that's part of my problem.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I always hear about this black stuff from the fuel filter but the two times ive changed mine i have not been able to produce any of said sludge. wtf.. waste of filter change. Sounds like it could be your issue though.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
UPDATE*

So I changed my spark plugs today and discovered I needed to change my grommets due to the oil that was on the threads of my old plugs. It runs a little better but not how it should be. My next thing is a cap and rotor. I also got around to pulling my fuel pump and it checked out ok. Drained all the gas (into some empty gas cans of course lol) and that turned out to be fine also. It still sputters at idle though but not nearly as bad as it did before I changed the plugs. So now I'm thinking my distributor may be off a tooth or two but I didn't have time to mess with it because I had somewhere to be. So anyway I'll let you guys know more once I get time to work on it some more.