Engine rebuilt, how long to break in?

gsr_boarder

i just got my gsr engine rebuilt. They bored it out and gave me all new internals and i recently took it in for an oil change and diagnostics and every thing checks out. Im at about 1200 miles on the new build and was wondering how long i should wait to hit v-tec? if anybody knows alot about the break in of a motor and can give me some advice i'de appreciate it.

GSROWNSU

don't quote me on it but i think average break in mileage for a new motor is 500 to 1000 miles if that's correct then you can open her up

gsr_boarder

bad news......took it to vtec and my engine started knocking....started out as like a raspy sound and then when i parked it it was hitting kinda hard so i parked it and im gettin it towed to a shop...not sure what went wrong but im hoping its not gonna be in the shop for too long....any thoughts?

gsr_boarder

Ominous G2 said:
That shouldnt have happened afer that long of a break in.
yeah man i know....thats why im pissed...im guessing that the shop didn't do a good job preping it....didn't tighten everything how it was supposed to or something and when i let it vtec somethin came loose

azianteggeR10

gsr_boarder said:
yeah man i know....thats why im pissed...im guessing that the shop didn't do a good job preping it....didn't tighten everything how it was supposed to or something and when i let it vtec somethin came loose
arent you supposed to break it in like youll drive it?