engine running too cold?

integra90da

ok so i have a 90 integra and im unsure if its running at operating temperature. the needle varies from about 1/3 to just under the half way point. with my experience with cars the temp needle should reach dead center for proper operating temperatue. the heat does blow hot but my gas mileage feels like it cud be better. any insight?

integra90da

i guess its the same on all integras so its normal. although at what point wud b considered overheating then?

red.line

That's kinda like using the smoke alarm as an oven timer.:lol:

If the temp gauge gets close to the red, pull over and let it cool off.
THAT explains why fire trucks come to my house when I'm cooking. :lol:

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
i ran no thermistat in mine and it never left the 1/8th mark and i didnt drive it in winter and it never had a problem

94dc4

My name matches again lol
In Integras (and probably other similar cars), the needle is supposed to reach a little bit past 1/3 on the gauge. Anything higher and your car might be slowly overheating. Now my old DC, that thing ran cold at high speeds. Never found out why.

Oh yea, anyone know what would cause the temp gauge to fluctuate and act retarded? My DA only does that when its really hot outside, but never overheats.

When you start seeing steam coming from under your hood. :lol:
lol, been there! That was the day after I bought my DA. Sittin in traffic, smelled something burning, and noticed my temp gauge was on H. Happened again a week later on the way to my friend's house (was going over there to change another hose and fix oil leaks anyway). Old hoses blowing because of oil leaks and busted radiator fan FTMFL.

acura90integra

Most cars are different in my experience. My Integra runs about the same as yours does. My Geo Prizm gets to the half-way point.